Quantcast

Riding Port Angeles

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
i just started school at uvic (victoria bc) and am new to the region.

i've heard port angeles has some sweet riding, ran into some riders there who just noticed the stickers on my truck while i was waiting to catch the ferry awhile ago.

I was thinking it would be fun to take the ferry across with just a bike(like 10-15bucks) and shred for a day or whatever. I would pay gas money for any shuttles and would return the favor if anyone wanted to come over to the island to ride.

I've heard there are like rain shadows over there and thought the riding might be better in the rainy season. True?

anyone want to show me around, do some shuttles or whatever?

I generally like tech natural dh and prefer jumps and drops to skinnies and ladders. I dont race very often but have a racer style.

junglelogik

Chimp
Oct 26, 2003
Tacoma/Sequim WA.
i live 10 miles west of PA i heard theres some dope trails in the OLY penninsula off of DIRTWORLD.com i havent found them yet. Im geting back into riding after a c-spine fracture on my C2 vertabrae a year ago but i dont have a bike anymore but am on the search checking nsmb everyday im building a flow zone by my house which is in the rainshadow. my question is do you know or can you find out if theres any downhill trails on Saltspring Is. I vacation there a bit!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Once whistler closes, the DH should be happening there pretty regularly.
There are also a few organized shuttle days a year. They will definitely be posted in this forum when they happen.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
i spoke with scott tucker who is one of the dry hill guys he's guessing some time around thanksgiving there will be another shuttle day.keep watching this forum