Quantcast

Riding the Snowmobile trails of Douglas

splat

Nam I am
Last night Berkshire rider gave me a call wanting to know if I was gane to try and ride this morning. I said Sure ! So we decided to get out there early before the temperature softened up the snow.

Se we met at 7:30 ma At Douglas State forest and started ridingthe Snowmobile tracks , it started out as just riding fire roads , but we added some Rail beds ,logging trails but ulso found the some of the single track was ridable , We were going at a good pace which made it difficult for me to get many pictures but here is a Picture of the an end/Begging marked for The masschussets mid - state trail ( 90 Miles of trail across Mass ) and it was also one end ofthe Rhode Island North south Trail , which i just found maps and information about on line for online, it is 78 miles across Rhode Island ( with a little in Conneticut ) ( in case you hadn't figured it out this is also a marker for the state line ) Here is a site with e the RI NS trail maps http://outdoors.htmlplanet.com/nst/nst_map00.htm

we had been out almost an hour when we got here

We then tool d around some of the trails in RI looking for the CT line , but we could not find Conneticut. so We were working our way over to Lake wallum , when we found this little camp Lean-to . It was a very cool little hut , and it had a Journal there for visitors to write an entry. So I put one for us and Signed it "Splat & Berkshire Rider "

we made it to lake wallum and here I took this whele we were riding across the lake

Bershire ridere riding now a roller on Dirt!!!

As we were riding back we went across a section of Pond/swamp and it looked like a Snomobile wasa little tooo heavy for the ice here

then as we were heading back the snow had softened up, and riding got much more difficult , we went looking for any stretch of Ice we could find !

but we were out for about 3 hours and got a lot more riding in that I had expected too :thumb:

splat

Nam I am
IAB we will get you there !

I forgot to post this !

Now this is an important thing to do!
read the signs!!
we were trying to rid this trail that has a bunch of board walks , I was in the lead when My wheel went off the side of the board walk (you could not tell where the snow was on the board walk and there it wasnt . so I stopped , Steve stopped behind me but put his foot down off the board walk , his foot went through the snow down about 2 feet 2 water and he fell over , me thinking this is going to makea great Pic , turned to take a pic , and put my foot off the other side and down i went ! so here we we both are laying on our backs in the snow and bushes trying to get back up , really would have made some great pics

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
As always, great pics Splat! Hopefully I'll get down there this summer to ride with you guys. :)

Edit: Does Steve not ride his Craftworks in the winter? All I've seen him on lately is the NRS.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
McGRP01 said:
As always, great pics Splat! Hopefully I'll get down there this summer to ride with you guys. :)

Edit: Does Steve not ride his Craftworks in the winter? All I've seen him on lately is the NRS.
Haven't been on the Craftworks in several months. It may be mad at me for not riding it. :think: I tweaked the drive side crankarm somehow and stupid Raceface has taken more than 2 months to warranty and return a replacement one. :mumble:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
Haven't been on the Craftworks in several months. It may be mad at me for not riding it. :think: I tweaked the drive side crankarm somehow and stupid Raceface has taken more than 2 months to warranty and return a replacement one. :mumble:
Hahaha...doesn't surprise me, you're always tweaking componants on that bike. Good thing the frame is rock solid, it would suck having to ship it back to Austraila!!!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
McGRP01 said:
Hahaha...doesn't surprise me, you're always tweaking componants on that bike. Good thing the frame is rock solid, it would suck having to ship it back to Austraila!!!
The crankarm was found to be causing the drive-train issues I had at Kingdom Trails and the Stables. :dead:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
It's definitely not sagging. It probably looks that way beacuse the NRS has a 3.75" Sid air, and I replaced the original fork with a 100/120 Black Comp on the front.
Or maybe it's you fat arse squishing it down. :eek: :blah: