Quantcast

STPIZZAY

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
Sacramento
Everyone has that certain song, or style of music thats just perfect for riding. Of course, some choose to just suffer in silence, but that perfect song has the power to just lift your spirit during a race, to motivate your dead legs and tired mind to just push it that much harder, or to make that weekend ride or shuttle just that much more enjoyable. Is it Slayer in your dying Walkman that amps you up for your first morning run down Karpiel, or does Bob Dylan keep you going during that brutal uphill climb? Lets hear it, tell us what you listen to, music has the power to kick you in the ass and get you going, and i sure won't leave my house without it.
-E

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Depends on the ride.

Commuting? Just whatever. not too intense, though.

For harder riding, usually something that really gets me pumped and going, like heavy metal, thrash, black metal, etc.

Usually Iron Maiden or Revolution Mother for the harder riding.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Oh this one!
And this is why i have Dont Hassel The Hoff T-shirts..He is a man among boys... But for as good as that song is, i think looking for Freedom is better he sung,sang,sing,song...im not sure how to spell it......... it to the people of germany.

Last edited:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Sometimes I like metal riding, but other times hip hop ads flow. When I was hitting some bigger jumps the other day, I was listening to A Day At The Races < Jurassic 5. At the deer valley race, I was practicing the DH course with my Hip Hop and Metal playlists.

Here's my riding playlists:

Metal

Hip Hop

Electronic

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
I like to pedal fast then coast and listen to my King hub buzzzzzz.

As far as music while riding I listen to Clutch, Primus, Kyuss, Fu Manchu.....mainly been listening to early Judas Priest lately.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I listen to the sound of my chain slapping the chainstay, to pebbles and dirt scratching under my tires, to heavy breathing echoing under my helmet. DH is so involved music is unnecessary and distracting.

Before riding, however, I'll rock out to whatever's on the pod in the truck.
Slayer, Dillinger Escape Plan, Entombed, Clutch, Prodigy, Pink Floyd, etc.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Depends on the ride...sometimes I like to hear my bike and nature, other times I like a song with a good cadence (Stronger has a good one for sure) and if I need to get pumped up...Union Underground (Mr. Deadman).

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
for a pump up... The Bronx

worked great for skiing bump runs a few winters ago, and found out it works for DH'n as well!