Quantcast

Riding under the radar

We won't discuss the details, but it has come to my attention recently that perhaps it does not always pay to ride wearing brightly covered garb. There seems to be a pretty good selection of camouflaged helmets available, but not much in way of jerseys &c.

Discuss, plz.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
you wouldn't happen to ride in Gatineau Park would you?! that's been our MO here for quite some time. and appears that it will continue that way for a while longer. this here's my helmet:

I have a beige camelback

and I try and wear green or brown shirts and shorts. But I think my biggest ally this year will be my clutch derailleur. Hopefully the silence is what'll let me fly below the radar.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
A few close calls with poachers has moved me away from camo, but muted tones have benefits on both legal and illegal trails.

UnderArmor makes some good camo sporting/technical garments though and they're priced right.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
One of my buddies who is in the Army wears an actual Army issue combat shirt like this as a DH jersey over his body armor.

I guess that would keep you kind of hidden in the woods if needed.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just google 2012 Dakine 2012 bike and look at the images. They made that color "Timber" across several jerseys and I thing two pairs of riding shorts. Backcountry has the rail and reflex in that color jersey and the have the Descend short in "Timber" color as well.

If you look around, you can go full Dakine and all of it is on mega-sale.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
We won't discuss the details, but it has come to my attention recently that perhaps it does not always pay to ride wearing brightly covered garb. There seems to be a pretty good selection of camouflaged helmets available, but not much in way of jerseys &c.

Discuss, plz.
This tie into the news about people riding on National Guard land in VT? Heard it on local NPR station this morning:
http://digital.vpr.net/post/guard-warns-against-camp-johnson-trespassing

Last edited: