riders:
Carolynn Lavigne
Dan and Joe Carmia
Myself the helmet cam chaser!

Video was filmed on my GoPro HD

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
this year is remarkable, as there seem to be more women (or better said: girls) on DH bikes than before. i've never seen so many girls riding as this year, we have a percentage of ca. 15-20% here every weekend. cool development! (not only for pervs like DMG, haha...)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
It's all cool until they're chased off by a bunch of guys who act like they just sprouted hair one on their nuts and don't know how to behave themselves, gawking over them and making rude comments. You want to see more women riders? Treat them with a little respect and don't go drooling over them like a bunch of adolescent neanderthals. They are probably just as interested in riding as you are but if it comes with the hassle of dealing with a bunch of immature little boys they're probably not going to bother.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
It's all cool until they're chased off by a bunch of guys who act like they just sprouted hair one on their nuts and don't know how to behave themselves, gawking over them and making rude comments. You want to see more women riders? Treat them with a little respect and don't go drooling over them like a bunch of adolescent neanderthals. They are probably just as interested in riding as you are but if it comes with the hassle of dealing with a bunch of immature little boys they're probably not going to bother.
this should actually go without saying.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
this year is remarkable, as there seem to be more women (or better said: girls) on DH bikes than before. i've never seen so many girls riding as this year, we have a percentage of ca. 15-20% here every weekend. cool development! (not only for pervs like DMG, haha...)
And this year we've seen fewer women on Ridemonkey than ever before.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I took a lap on lower A-line with Emily Johnston last summer and have had the good fortune to ride with Stephanie Nychka a few times and they both rip way harder than I do.

It's been encouraging to see more women in line at Whistler.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Dominion is such a great trail. I remember the first time I was at Diablo JeremyR and I almost missed the entire pro USopen race because we couldn't stop doing runs down it to Alpine with CBJ (back before he went all road biker on us).

Oh yeah, girl can rip.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Totally agree. :thumb:

GES at 7 springs this weekend was my first race since being back from a 6 year stint in the UK. More girls than I imagined and with good speed - was well impressed! Seems like one thing we might have a leg up on the Brits.

Less juvenile shots and more action please!
LORRAINE BLANCHER

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You guys are so... sensitive. Say it with a lisp.

We're men, women know this, and for the most part have accepted us for our caveman antics.

Though in truth I have seen more women over the years riding who can rip it up. Its a really nice change.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
You guys are so... sensitive. Say it with a lisp.

We're men, women know this, and for the most part have accepted us for our caveman antics.

Though in truth I have seen more women over the years riding who can rip it up. Its a really nice change.
Thanks boys, riding with girls IS cool, thanks for noticing :thumb:

...and we ARE used to your Neanderthal ways. :D

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
taking a run down A-Line in Whistler Bike Park some years back

rider on a pink Banshee Scream absolutely ripping up the trails, big whips, superman seat grab on one of the big tables and even a 360 off one of the hips

I had a hard time keeping up with this rider...

got to the bottom of A-Line, and onto the paved area by the lifts, the rider lifts their helmet to reveal its a very beautiful women rider with blonde hair....hmmm

went over and said "hi" without making a complete fool of myself, then had to go back to my hotel and have a cold shower :)

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Sweet video/editing Dennis. After riding with you and Carolynn for that run today, definately a pinner. Oh yeah, good song choice as well.