Quantcast

Riding with my Boy after Trail work

splat

Nam I am
Well during trail work My son had to test a few things

Then we went over to the quarry, he wanted to see some people jump from the high rocks but alas nothing.

then he wanted to ride through Charlies Tunnel , the Tunnel the charles river goes through to get under I-495. well we haven't had much rain .so the water level was a down , so in we went. the tunnel is about 200 yards long.

shortly after entering the tunnel, Lights would have made things slightly easier

I made it through first just before you get out the water is at its deepest it was abount hub level deep

and my son finally makes it out

He thought doing this was the coolest thing.

finally he ended up doing a log ride , took him about a dozen tries but finally made it

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
HOLY COW...that log ride shot is awesome!! congrats to him. i'd love to figure out how to do that. (in time)...i hate when youngsters out ride me. :biggrin:
Learn to ride a straight line. Practice on the painted line on the street. Don't look at your tire, look where you want to go. Where you look, is where your bike will go. Steer with your hips, not your hands. Then ride on a 2X12. When you can so that, ride a 2X10, then a 2X8, then a 2X6 then a 2X4, then a 2X4 on it's side so you are riding on the 2" side. (Note the progression to skinnier and skinnier)

Scary, but the faster you go, the easier it is to ride a straight line. I could get all technical as to why, but I won't.

splat

Nam I am
Yeah, down by the river
Down by the banks of the river Charles (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
That's where you'll find me
Along with lovers, fuggers, and thieves (aw, but they're cool people)
Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, you're the Number One place)
Frustrated women (I mean they're frustrated)
Have to be in by twelve o'clock (oh, that's a shame)
But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
That just once those doors weren't locked (I like to save time for
my baby to walk around)
Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, yeah)

Because I love that dirty water
Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, yeah)

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Splat how deep is the water at the quary? I want to do the jump. I think i can even convince myself to jump off the high stuff. Any underwater leg/ back breakers to worry about?