Quantcast

riding with my son

splat

Nam I am
Today was a Busy family type of day. But around 4 I had some time where it was just me and my son to do what ever we pleased . so we packed up the car and went over to hale reservation. I was looking for some new trails that were built last year that are suppose to be very challening.

We off and running . he still has his # plate on from a tri he did last fall, he doesn't want to take it off.

The first of many technical down hills

The first of Many Bridges.

we found the new technical stuff , and it is off the beaten path and in a section not many people use , and even then if you don't know to be looking for them you could easily miss them.

A down hill with 2 stiched together .

I was so proud of him doing this one. I was a little nervous for him. this was pretty big. and you should see the rock lead in for the guy who want a challenge.

Playing on a rock on the trail we helped build 2 weeks ago.

Peter wanted to get a shot of me doing this roller .
So here i am

The just before the end we came up to a swimming hole that had a huge set of floating walkways. Well I told him we use to ride those. he didn't believe me so I did . i gave him the camera and he took a bunch of pictures of his thumb.

oh well, but after wards he decided to do it.
here is on picture from it. i am going to try and stich a panorama of him doing it , but this will do for now

We got back to the car , 7.5 miles 2 1/2 hrs lots of fun. the one thing that bothered me was during the ride I found 4 Ticks on me!!!! 2 of them Deer ticks!! I jumped right in the shower when I got home !! I also checked pete over quite well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
WTF is up with all the ticks this year?

They seem to have been really really bad so far.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
splat said:
they say they are bad because of the Mild Winter. they really give me the hibee jibees after last year . I think I'll just bathe in Deet
Some people can't stand using bug spray, but anything that will contribute to repelling ticks is ok with me. I hate ticks!