Quantcast

riding

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by flbikerman
Is anyone up for a ride Weds. morning? Bar-H maybe?

James:thumb:
Hi flbikerman. i cant make it to there for a morning ride but i would like a little info about the course. It's one of the stops of the TMBRA curcit and i am going to race there next spring. Can you give me a little detail?

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Check out The breaks at Bar H

Tia Hutchinson, the owner is awesome and very rider friendly. She's building a downhill/dual slalom course and is planning a trials course for nest year. Once complete she'll have one of the true FULL stacked MTB ranches in Texas.

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
The Bar H is an excellent place to ride. I have fun there every time I go.

There is a little bit of everything trail wise. I'm not sure which trails the race course will follow.

I would highly recommend making a trip up there before next season's race. Make a day or two out of it. There are plenty of trails to ride and have fun on. You could always try the Devil's Backbone. More like break your back trying to ride up it, if you ask me.

Merwin, do you know if the DH courses are finished? I haven't been out there since last spring. Just curious.

Anyway, have fun. It's one of the better places to ride here in North Texas.

Have a great day.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
What did you want to know? Like Tim said, I would go out there some to become familiar with the trails. It's an excellant place to ride. Let me know when you want to go.

on a diferent note. where is anyone riding this week? From Weds. until Fri. I'm open to the general area

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Originally posted by Yankee Tim

Merwin, do you know if the DH courses are finished? I haven't been out there since last spring. Just curious.

The course is cut but not well worn in. Tia is wanting people to ride it a lot to wear it in. I haven't seen it myself but I've talked to a couple of people who've riden it. They say its still kind of hairy, but cool.

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Originally posted by flbikerman

on a diferent note. where is anyone riding this week? From Weds. until Fri. I'm open to the general area
Wednesday- Erwin Park 12:00 pm to whenever.
Thursday- Grapevine Northshore Trail, 6:00 pm.
Friday- Off
Saturday Morning- Northshore Trail 9:00 am, meet at Rockledge Park if interested.
Sunday- RACE DAY. ERWIN PARK. TIME TO WHOOP SOME ARSE!

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
Originally posted by Merwin5_10

Wednesday- Erwin Park 12:00 pm to whenever.
Thursday- Grapevine Northshore Trail, 6:00 pm.
Friday- Off
Saturday Morning- Northshore Trail 9:00 am, meet at Rockledge Park if interested.
Sunday- RACE DAY. ERWIN PARK. TIME TO WHOOP SOME ARSE!
I might be able to make Grapevine on Thurs. Don't know how to get there. What's the easiest way?

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
If anyone it interested, I'll be out at Erwin today, Wednesday, and tomorrow, Thursday.

I'm planning on riding some this afternoon sometime and again tonight. There will be a night ride at Erwin Park around 8 PM. It's a fun ride at night, bring your lights. I did it last week with this group and plan on doing it again tonight.

Have a good day.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
if you guys ride dh here in tx, you need to check out the comfort course. there are two different courses that connect at the bottom. super steep on the top section.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by downhil
if you guys ride dh here in tx, you need to check out the comfort course. there are two different courses that connect at the bottom. super steep on the top section.
hey downhil, do you know any of the Bikemojo guys? do you race? TMbra?

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by The Toninator

hey downhil, do you know any of the Bikemojo guys? do you race? TMbra?

dont know 'em. yes i do race. mostly just ride my jumps at my house though. and ride urban alot. i raced with the rest of the dirtworkz.com guys.