Quantcast

RIG 29rs bb issues

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
does anyone out there have experience with the bb on the rig slipping tension and/or sounding like it is going to self destruct? today i disassembled it, cleaned it THOROUGHLY, re-lubed it, re-assembled it, tensioned it, and the g'damn thing STILL sounds like ****! :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1:

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
ive resolved myself to the fact that i'm just going to have to go after market. phil wood, paul, or IF, not sure yet. i've heard good things about all 3. i do know that my next SS will have a conventional bb and i'll go with adjustable rear drops. i had no idea what a pain in the a$$ this bb would be. i love the way the bike rides. when i'm seated its stealthily silent, but as soon as i stand and torque it, the bb sounds like its going to self destruct. :disgust:

dblspeed

Chimp
Jul 1, 2007
does anyone out there have experience with the bb on the rig slipping tension and/or sounding like it is going to self destruct? today i disassembled it, cleaned it THOROUGHLY, re-lubed it, re-assembled it, tensioned it, and the g'damn thing STILL sounds like ****! :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1:
common problem on all the rigs, check mtbr.com for varoius ways to fix this problem, none of which looks to be final....or use an ipod and hope it's the ebb and not the crankset creaking, like it happened to me....

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Mine gets loose fairly often but other than that is fine...Good luck, I also grease the sh*t out of it once a month...

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Mine gets loose fairly often but other than that is fine...Good luck, I also grease the sh*t out of it once a month...
Yeah I have applied a generous amount of Grease to the frame , and my rig is very silent, it did slip once, but all you have to do is readjust and tighten it its no big deal, that said I am not a fan of eccentric BB's either...