Quantcast

rig update

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
brings new meaning to the term %100 comitment. have you writen your will yet?
BTW how the hell to you keep a DJ/park bike in that good shape? i remember i got mine HT a few months after you and it's scratched all over. I just put a nice one on the down tube when i messed up skinnying a grind rail.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
BTW how the hell to you keep a DJ/park bike in that good shape? i remember i got mine HT a few months after you and it's scratched all over. I just put a nice one on the down tube when i messed up skinnying a grind rail.
Deep inside he's really a nancy boy.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
haha, you must like buying new shoes alot! foot jam skids rock!

does look clean though!

do you have any issues with your bar shifting on harder hits using that stem? that single bolt makes me a lil leary but it sure is pimp

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
hahaha nancy boy hahaha

seriously, the paint is all scratched up but there's no dings or anything.

stem is solid, I've never knocked it loose.

I've ridden a little since removing the brake, half cabs are harder b/c I haven't quite figured out my back pedaling. still trying to figure out manualing..don't know if brakeless is going to be a permanent change or not yet...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, I took the brakes off my Tonic a bit ago and loved it. I'd ridden BMX that way and it was cool but I prefered in on the 24. 180s are def. harder, I used to use my brakes but when you can't it makes it a bit more difficult. Manualing is a whole nother story too.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i wore my shoes out quick tire jaming the rear to stop.
i like it, have me confidence on the trails, but ended up
ghosting my bike a lot, it took a beating. i'm back
on breaks now, i missed having it there for fufs

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I got to mess around a little more today in the neighborhood. Manuals won't be too bad. I was able to use a lot more english sans being dependent on the brake. I also got the half cabs figured out. braking with my foot took me back to my childhood. totally felt natural...

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
deff, half cabs out w/o brakes, you just need to get your feet and positioning right and just get some pop, it takes some time. the bike is lookin super clean though

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
brakeless is really nice, I like it alot, my friend runs brakeless and loves it too

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Cranks are 175s and I've been told by SOOOOO many people they are too long. personal preference - I like 'em. been runnin' them to long to change now...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
175 is perfect for those of us that aren't midgets.

Bike looks soooo clean. Brakeless on the DJs would scare the crap out of me...

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i just rode down my local park thinking about riding brakeless, didn't work. i think i'ld be ok if it were just me, but there are so many crack babies and people who don't look where they're going running around down there. i run into/get run in enough with brakes. Tiles, i hope for you, your park isn't as ghetto-fabulous as mine.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
looks mad clean. right now i have no rear brake on my rig since im waiting for a new wheel. i tried it brakeless but just didn't want to go through my shoes that fast so i put a front brake on just for stopping purposes. i'll tell ya, not having a rear brake makes you learn how to control the bike a lot better.