Quantcast
  • Enter the Ridemonkey Secret Santa 2021!

Come exchange gifts with other monkeys! From beer, to light-up bike nuts, to custom machined holiday decorations by our more talented members, there's something for everyone. To participate, make sure you submit the form by November 26th.
    Click here for details and to learn how to participate.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm sorry...as much as I have tried I just can't get over the piney tase of a hoppy beer. I've tried several IPAs and just couldn't drink them. I more of a dark/ stout/ wheat/ bock type.
Don't apologize. While I enjoy the occasional IPA, there's a world of beer out there I'd much rather be drinking.

ICU812

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
East Coast
avery brewing - mephistopheles stout. 16% abv :brows: this is a small batch sold in 12oz single bottles only. if you like "big beers" try this one...so good!

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
A couple of weeks ago I pulled a '99 Fantome Saison from my cellar. Still tasted fantastic after all those years! Tonite...I think I'll be cracking a bottle of Allagash Curieux. Since I've had no heat for a while now, I figure I could toast to heat when we re-fire the system tonite.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Right now :
Gin & Tonic with a slice of orange. No lemons/limes in the house!
Its quite nice actually...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I had four proper pints of Guiness last night. Yum.

In the interest of beer research I also had a taste of something called Budweiser American Ale. I can't stand the taste of Bud, and I don't know anything about this Ale but it was actually not as bad as I expected - decent flavor, somewhere between a Bass and Sam Adams. Not something I'll seek out but I'd order it before a regular Bud.