Quantcast

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Anyone buy cans of something just because they fit in the fridge better? I've been buying Dale's Pale Ale recently not because it's significantly better than the local WI beer (probably on-par?) but because it fits in my fridge's soda-can dispenser.

So yes, that's what I'm drinking...

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Anyone buy cans of something just because they fit in the fridge better? I've been buying Dale's Pale Ale recently not because it's significantly better than the local WI beer (probably on-par?) but because it fits in my fridge's soda-can dispenser.

So yes, that's what I'm drinking...
Holy Crap....I just logged in here to brag about drinking some Old Chub and I run across this little gem. Well done Dante...

Dales has a much better headliner....the Old Chub will kick your ass.

Speaking of WI beers, I have a couple sixers straight out of Chippewa Falls in the fridge as well as the Chubs. I'm a Leinie fan...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Last night tequila after a 6 year avoidance. Tends to make me want to fornicate with stationary objects. Good lord, vodka shots too, I just remembered.....never drink with the bar owner. (insert pain smilie here)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Smoked Porter.

A very, very tastey beer. I will make this again for sure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i discovered that the wegmans 5 minutes from where I work has an astounding beer selection. Pretty wide selections of the following:

-allagash
-stone
-victory
-rogue
-ten fiddy stout
-hacker pschorr
-flying dog
-DFH
-Brooklyn

and many, many others.

:drool:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
does anyone drink just your "standard beer" these days? bud, miller, coors?

i for one am a huge labatt fan, either blue or lucky lager when i have limited funds
No. When I'm slumming it I'll go for a cheaper (more flavorful) ale and avoid the ubiquitous "Light American Lager". The local grocery store has Berghoff for ~$8.50/12-pack, and it's definitely a step above your Bud/Miller/Coors. If B/M/C actually *made* a flavorful, cheap ale I wouldn't mind buying it, but anything they do of that sort (American Ale?) is priced MUCH closer to the craft brews than to their mass-produced crap.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
i discovered that the wegmans 5 minutes from where I work has an astounding beer selection. Pretty wide selections of the following:

-allagash
-stone
-victory
-rogue
-ten fiddy stout
-hacker pschorr
-flying dog
-DFH
-Brooklyn

and many, many others.

You've been living there how long, and you just figured this out? :D

Sweet.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

-allagash
-stone
-victory
-rogue
-ten fiddy stout
-hacker pschorr
-flying dog
-DFH
-Brooklyn

and many, many others.

Goddamn do Connecticut grocery stores suck for beer. Whole Foods carries good stuff at surprisingly decent prices. They must have some kind of grocery store exemption. I actually picked up DFH60 on sale for $8 a sixer last year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Goddamn do Connecticut grocery stores suck for beer. Whole Foods carries good stuff at surprisingly decent prices. They must have some kind of grocery store exemption. I actually picked up DFH60 on sale for $8 a sixer last year.
here in NJ (and also the one in PA) the liquor store is actually physically separate from the rest of the store. I know in the PA one there is a limit to how much beer you can buy at a time.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Bought some SN Bigfoot, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Deschutes Obsidian today. Not drinking it yet though.