Stone Sublimely Self Righteous
Lost Coast 8 Ball

I'm enjoying tonight.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Earlier: Cap'n & Coke after a nice afternoon ride

Now: 4 SimplySleep and a bottle of Perrier Lime.

I can't smoke any more so I need something else to put my ass to sleep...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Got of work early tonight.... 8pm instead of midnight so just kicking back with some Tuatara Ardennes Strong Belgian ale to be followed by an Emersons southern clam stout and Roosters dark ale.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
*points and laughs*

If you can get your hands on something worth trading I'll send you some.
http://www.epicbrewing.com/our-beers?layout=category

^kickass. the copper cone pale ale is one of the best on the planet.

http://beernews.org/2010/05/uinta-crooked-line-series-launches-soon/

^kickass (the 13.2% Black Ale is my personal favorite - comes in a wine bottle for ultimate liverhate).

We have a number of spectacular local breweries (nearly all brewing stuff over 4%), but still get shafted by the state's archaic laws when it comes to getting rad stuff from out of state. Retail purchase for American micros is mostly limited to Full Sail (actually FS is really cheap in Utah, around $1 a bottle), select Rogues, Big Sky Brewing, a couple Pyramids, a few Sierra Nevada, and some random other offerings. Someone in the state liquor commish has a hard-on for Belgians, though - there's a ton of similarly flavored $8/bottle offering in the state stores.

Last edited:

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Well, since the local militarized revenue collectors have acquired my identification card I have been unable to purchase beer for myself. I asked my gal to get something "seasonal" (i.e. Oktoberfest, ect.) and she returned with...

Now, last time I checked, it was still Fall (Autumn). Regardless, I have tried one of each (save for the Chocolate Bock) and I am in no way disappointed. I would write a short revue on each but I'm a little too drunk. As always, the Boston Lager is a good solid brew. The White Ale and the Winter Lager were darker and more rich than expected but still wonderful. The Holiday Porter was more tart than expected but the gal and I both enjoyed it. I figured the Old Fezziwig Ale would be more geared toward the missus but it was a rich, bold, flavorful brew that I think I enjoyed more than she did.

Now, I know I've had a history of drinking mediocre brews as of late but I hope I have redeemed myself at least just a bit. I try and enjoy the more quality beers but my current situation makes it hard to be the deciding factor in those purchases. I hope to provide a more in-depth review in the future.

*yes, this whole post was intended to solicit rep. Please act accordingly. :D

Last edited:

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
o0o0o0ohhhh, I'm jealous... (both of your brew and your location)

I'm an avid fan of any Rogue product, but I'm especially fond of the 17% large bottle of Double Dead Guy. Mmmm... The first time I had it was at The Democratic Republic of Beer in Miami. I didn't see a price but when the waitress brought it around I was informed of the $27/bottle price. It was well worth it. :D

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
I had a Sam Adams Holiday Porter (why my gal got the Winter collection is beyond me) while watching Weeds earlier. Now it's just another night of 4 SimplySleep and a Perrier. This is going to be a long 6-12 months...

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Well, I'll be damned. Those SimplySleep that usually don't do anything for me had me sleeping in until 2:30 this afternoon! Good thing I had the day off...

I'm enjoying myself a nice Green Tea and 2 more SimplySleep at the moment.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
4 year anniversary was yesterday so I made a little Surf n Turf (filet and lobster) and then had a couple glasses of Merlot and a nice bowl of funky greenery. It was a good night.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, Ska True Blonde and DFH 60 Minute.

Its my Friday :D

Still have some True Blonde, Mothership Wit (Shuttup, I like it) and a LH Milk Stout.