Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just had another homebrew IPA, now onto the classier stuff!
In the glass Townsend brewery Cathcart NTA to be followed in order by;
Peak brewing Monkey point IPA
Kőstritzer Schwarzbier from Germany
Wadsworth Bishop's Tripple from England
then back to Rosters Dark Ale. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BTW, I had a MYTHOS LAGER last night. Ehhh....it had no flavor. Kind of reminded me of any other Euro-Lager (Stella, Heineken, Becks), except it was flavorless. I don't know how the hell they managed to get alcohol into a flavorless beer. I paid $7 for the beer. :rofl:

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
BTW, I had a MYTHOS LAGER last night. Ehhh....it had no flavor. Kind of reminded me of any other Euro-Lager (Stella, Heineken, Becks), except it was flavorless. I don't know how the hell they managed to get alcohol into a flavorless beer. I paid $7 for the beer. :rofl:
you paid 7 dollars for a mythos? holy ****, in greece its 70 cent for a 500ml bottle. also i agree with you it's horrible.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
homebrew.
finally nicely carbed & delicious. I think I finally made one that stacks up to commercial brews.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
To Mike's credit, he does appear to drink more than one style of beer...
thanks bro and i'm sorry riding wasn't the best last weekend because of some mechanical failures on my part . i'm drinking sam adams octoberfest yet once again , but it might be my last because winter lager is out and once that's out you can't find octoberfest in my area.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
thanks bro and i'm sorry riding wasn't the best last weekend because of some mechanical failures on my part . i'm drinking sam adams octoberfest yet once again , but it might be my last because winter lager is out and once that's out you can't find octoberfest in my area.
It's cool. I was in ROUGH shape from the night before anyway.

We're trying to get something together this weekend if you're free- I'll shoot you a PM.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Do want.

Flying Dog Gonzo. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking some up.
Four packs don't get any better than the Flying Dog Canis Major sampler. $10 of WIN. The Double Dog...sh*t, they make no effort to create a balanced beer and just load as many hops into a beer as they can.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Four packs don't get any better than the Flying Dog Canis Major sampler. $10 of WIN. The Double Dog...sh*t, they make no effort to create a balanced beer and just load as many hops into a beer as they can.
Eh. I LOVE Gonzo and Horn Dog. I'm not that impressed with Double Dog. Never had Kerberos.

Edit: sniped by your edit. Double Dog does suck.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Eh. I LOVE Gonzo and Horn Dog. I'm not that impressed with Double Dog. Never had Kerberos.

Edit: sniped by your edit. Double Dog does suck.
I need to be in the mood for the Double Dog. It's a sipper and will destroy your palate for the night. I like the Kerberos though I am certainly no expert on the style. Still, $10 for four 'big' beers is a pretty sweet deal.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I need to be in the mood for the Double Dog. It's a sipper and will destroy your palate for the night. I like the Kerberos though I am certainly no expert on the style. Still, $10 for four 'big' beers is a pretty sweet deal.
Yeah but for $10 you can buy a 4 pack of Gonzo and have 4 big beers that are all good. :D

In other news, I think I have things lined up to grab an entire case of Deschutes The Abyss when it comes out.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
How the hell can an INDIA PALE ALE be black let alone Belgian????

Random beer style name mash up..... Do not want.

Wouldn't mind having a taste though..... just over the random beer style names.
If you can procure it, La Chouffe Houblon is the penultimate in the belgian IPA route.

Sounds whacky, but it works. it reallllllllly works.

Linky.

edit: hmmm...their site used to be a bit more polished...info is all there...but kinda clunky...

edit #2: oh yeah, and brew dog is freakin' out there. They've got some really good stuff...and also - Tactical Nuclear Penguin held the record for highest alcohol beer for awhile at 32%. Then they came out with Sink the Bismarck at 41% recently.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
have i reached this level of awesomeness yet ? i'm drinking my first sam adams winter lager of the season :thumb:.
Generally speaking I don't care for winter lagers...but that Sam's is great. :)

Right now for me: 2010 Celebration Ale...while I cook a beer can chicken using Sea Hag IPA. :) Wife and mom-in-law are in the basement right now playing Wii bowling while drinking beer. Young's Chocolate Stout for Wife, and Fruli (Belgian strawberry ale) for mom-in-law. There's just beer flying all over this house right now. :)

:)