Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Out of curiosity, how much is the TNP?

Old Rasputin right now.
They had two bottles for $68.99 each. I was surprised they were just sitting right there on the beer shelf rather than behind the cash register. The wife seriously considered buying a bottle, but due to some recent expenditures, we drew the line at the 69 dollar bottle of beer.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
They had two bottles for $68.99 each. I was surprised they were just sitting right there on the beer shelf rather than behind the cash register. The wife seriously considered buying a bottle, but due to some recent expenditures, we drew the line at the 69 dollar bottle of beer.
That's a lot. Probably would have passed too, I need to be honest.

I still really want to try it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That's a lot. Probably would have passed too, I need to be honest.

I still really want to try it.
68.99 is still cheaper per ounce than Utopias. I think, anyway. I'm not smart enough to do that math. 24oz of Utopias for about $140. Ehhh...so no, I guess Penguin isn't cheaper. :p

I'm just thinking out loud here.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
68.99 is still cheaper per ounce than Utopias. I think, anyway. I'm not smart enough to do that math. 24oz of Utopias for about $140. Ehhh...so no, I guess Penguin isn't cheaper. :p

I'm just thinking out loud here.
Yeah, but TNP is a RIS, right? So it's got to be better.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
O'Dells Brewery 90 Shilling. Trying all of the local Colorado beers. I am actually very disappointed in the beer out here. The 90 shilling is a simple amber ale. Good beer but not amazing.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A few recent purchases:

Harpoon Leviathan Barleywine
Sam Adams "Barrel Room Collection" New World Tripel
Sam Adams Infinium

There will be beer consumption tonight.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Seeing as of today I am officially done with school (unless I decide to get a degree in something else) I decided to celebrate with the Magic Hat Winterland seasonal 12-pack. Mmm...

#9 (Not-Quite Pale Ale)
Howl Winter Seasonal (Black Lager)
Encore (IPA)
ODD Notion Winter '10 (Hibiscus Red)

I've had one of each so far and I love them all. That's all there really is to say.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
a cup of decaf.

beer free night for me last night. it is funny when we have a beer on tap I am not crazy about (my sweet stout) I barely drink at all. :think:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
a cup of decaf.

beer free night for me last night. it is funny when we have a beer on tap I am not crazy about (my sweet stout) I barely drink at all. :think:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Seeing as of today I am officially done with school (unless I decide to get a degree in something else) I decided to celebrate with the Magic Hat Winterland seasonal 12-pack. Mmm...

#9 (Not-Quite Pale Ale)
Howl Winter Seasonal (Black Lager)
Encore (IPA)
ODD Notion Winter '10 (Hibiscus Red)

I've had one of each so far and I love them all. That's all there really is to say.
:bad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
last night was a good night. hit my new liquor store:

2 bottles of brooklyn black ops
4 pack of DFH "Olde School" barleywine (supposedly its better to age, gonna try it)
1 bottle of Boulder Beer "Killer penguin" barley wine
4 pack of Mendocino Imperial Stout
12 pack Saranac Winter sampler

Apparently this place got in two cases of Sam Adams infinium and it sold out in an afternoon. They have 4 bottles left, but are all reserved.

Apparently they also got in tactical nuclear penguin, but again is reserved.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just back from a ride and had a Waldhaus Diplom Pils and now having a Waldhaus Schwartzwald Weisse, I'll be following this with a Paulaner Hefe Weissbier Naturtrub and a Paulaner Hefe Weissbier Dunkle.

Started off raining this morning but has now turned into a hot, sunny, muggy, summers day, perfect Wiessbier weather. :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Last night had an '01 Fuligni Tuscano. So f'n good. I wish I could only drink aged wines (that are worthy of aging of course).

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
It doesn't sound that great but it's rather good actually. A little bitter on the front end but I got past that rather quickly and enjoyed a couple last night.
Either they altered the recipe sometime in the last 6-7 years, or my taste buds have DRASTICALLY changed. We used to drink that back in NYC/Long Island, and I remember it was pretty good (we liked Fat Angel better), but we had it on a trip back to the northeast ~a year ago and.... blech. Could barely finish the pint. But to each their own.