Quantcast

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Where I live I have to take what I can get. A new store opened up around the corner and they're the only place around with really good beer. I'll gladly pay a couple extra dollars to go around the corner than drive over 20 minutes away to save a buck or 2.

I may have embellished a bit on the "amazing" part as I was a bit $hitty, but it was f*cking good. I'm not a connoisseur by any means, so if it tastes good to me I'll say it's good. Not everyone has the same tastes.

Sh*t, why am I under fire all the time? People are posting about High Life and I catch flak for paying a couple bucks overprice for DFH90.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The fact that no one else in here has listed North Coast Old Stock is a travesty. I'm really digging that stuff right now.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just back from riding the roadie around the bays into town, Stopped at Hashingo again and had a Hallertau "Stuntman" IIPA to recover (stunning brew) and then a Twisted Hop "twisted ankle" Old ale on the hand pump which matched beautifully with the bowl of Spicy Miso Noodles I had ordered.
Next time I go back I must have another of the venison pies they do...... Man that pub rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Later tonight they have a keg of Bear Republic Racer Number 5 going on tap.
I Hope it's still there tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^ I hope a couple of those are going in the cellar for a year or two?
yea, the 2 barleywines are being added to the "aging" collection. Actually, I got 2 of each. one for now, one for later. I've been trying to save one of each barleywine I got this year to age, but haven't been 100% successful :D I've got a DFH Olde School, Below Deck Rough Seas, Brooklyn Monster, and 1 or 2 others I can't recall off the top of my head.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that victory actually suggests not drinking it until december 2011.

edit: victory? i meant stone.

i drank all my old horizontal. whoops.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I was with you until the Wachusset Blueberry. :disgust:

Can't quite make it out, what special version of Old Guardian is that?

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
You are the Golgi Aparatus of the right now I am drinking thread. :rofl:
I want to lol but I don't get the comparison. Is it because I package proteins and fats for export outside the cell?

Had some Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen that the gal picked up the other night. She really is too good to me. She buys a 6'er, drinks one and leaves the rest for me.

Last edited: