Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Cracked open a bottle of my american amber ale, dammit it's a fail. :(
It's quite drinkable, but its definitely tastes like a homebrew, nowhere near on a par with the NZPA I brewed just before it..... guess I'll be ending up with the wooden spoon at the homebrew comp then.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have two bombers of this waiting for me... (my bro-in-law is getting to go to Dublin for St. Paddy's day for his 40th....and my wife and I are taking care of their kids for a couple days...) Life is good.
I've yet to try it, but the regular Union Jack is all kinds of tasty so I have high expectations.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Picked up a Magic Hat spring fever variety pack. I'm pretty impressed. Of course it came with #9 which I've always thought was pretty good. But the real winner was the 'Demo' IPA. Very tasty. I'm not much of an IPA drinker but this might have turned me onto them. The 'Circus boy' lemongrass ale was also good. Very light and drinkable with a hint of lemon. Seems like more of a summer beer though. And last was the 'Vinyl' spring lager. It not great, and tastes kind of burnt. I'll be saving the rest of those for last ;)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
home made porter.
my lager has been in the beer fridge for 8 weeks now.....cant wait to try that one.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
last night...homemade porter I took over to a buddies. when that growler was gone we switched to LFB Eastside Dark.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oh Em Eff Gee the Curieux is good. And Belgians aren't even my favorite style of beer, by a long shot.

Currently working on the Great Divide Espresso Oak Yeti. It's pretty good, but I can think of quite a few big stouts I like better for the money. I'm glad I tried it but I doubt I'll buy it again any time soon.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Definitely in the spirit today :cool: Went out for a few Guinness and a healthy serving of corned beef and cabbage. Came home to some of these...

17/365 Happy St. Paddy's! by FLWill, on Flickr

Yeungling, not that Heineken garbage.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Last night (st paddy's day) I had;
Rogue, Chatoe Rogue Wet Hop Ale
Coronado, Mermaid's Red Ale
Townsend, three piece wheat
Townsend, Old House ESB
Yeastie boys, Rapture (golden lager fermented with a saison yeast and served on the hand pump)

Just having a Rothaus Pilsner now. :thumb:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Currently: G&T.

Recently: I cannot stress how epically good Allegash Curieux is. Same for Brooklyn Black Ops.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just floated my keg of hoppy brown ale. it was a good one, but not sure if i would brew the recipe again.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Had some Guinness the other day.
Its been a long time...and now that I've sampled many other beers...its just not as good anymore.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
^^^^ It's so good it's making me rethink how I want to brew, or at least what I want to brew and what I want to buy. NG is dirt cheap around here ($6.50/6-pack when purchased in case quantities) so it almost doesn't make sense to brew a "hop-flavorful pale ale" for $5 and change per 6pack when there's the brewing & bottling hassle. Combine that with Uff Da coming back in May, and I'm thinking I might relegate brewing to specialty stuff and just keep NG stocked in the fridge...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Jameson, straight. I'm depressed about my bike getting stolen.
Have to take a trip over to DH. Sorry to hear about that, supper sucky indeed. :thumbsdown: I like Jameson a lot though.

In other news: I have alluded in the past to knowing someone who knows someone who might or might not be doing some distilling. Whiskey:

Followed @ home by one of my favorite breweries EVAR: