Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Please tell me you're not referring to...
I was, but mostly to make fun of SS's Titan fixation. The 120 min is fun to try but there are definitely many many better options. Like the Double Jack I followed it with.

Now drinking a Victory Dark Intrigue. It's good, but not as good as Brooklyn Black Ops which is pretty much my gold standard for bourbon stouts.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
They had the Sculpin on tap at my local just last week, nice brew!
currently they have balast point's even keel session ale on tap it's also pretty good.
I'm currently at that pub having a Townshend bandsman an engish bitter style thats on the hand pull:thumb:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
New Glarus Barleywine

Asked on their FB page how long I should age it, and got the following 5min later:

So good...... Can't believe this is 12%. I actually thought it was closer to 7-8% based on taste. Glad I checked before downing this and cracking another.
I love most beers by New Glarus. We visited the new brewery last time we were in WI visiting friends.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I've been enjoying 5g of Stone Saison Du Buff that I brewed up a few months ago using the exact recipe as published by Stone in their latest book. Have to say that it is at least as good as the original, if not better (since it is fresher).

Actually, it isn't EXACTLY as published. I used a WhiteLab Saison yeast instead of the dry yeast they reccomend.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I love most beers by New Glarus. We visited the new brewery last time we were in WI visiting friends.
They're pretty incredible, growing by 20%+ per year and *only* selling WI. I think that they're up to ~100k barrels/year, and even though they don't export out of state they're still having trouble keeping up with demand. That barleywine is fantastic, by the way, more like an insane 12% DIPA with a big hop profile to balance out the massive malts. I can't imagine how they actually brewed this thing.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
They're pretty incredible, growing by 20%+ per year and *only* selling WI. I think that they're up to ~100k barrels/year, and even though they don't export out of state they're still having trouble keeping up with demand. That barleywine is fantastic, by the way, more like an insane 12% DIPA with a big hop profile to balance out the massive malts. I can't imagine how they actually brewed this thing.
That barlewine does sound really good. We got to try both the Belgian Red and the Raspberry Tart on draft while at the brewery. Wouldn't be able to drink a while pint of either but they were definitely worth trying.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Boatswain Double IPA from Trader Joes. It is a world of suck, but I did only pay $2 for a 22oz bottle of it. :rofl:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Want. Trade?
Let me see if there's any left when I get back from my vacation in another week and a half. One of the benefits of only distributing in WI is that there's usually decent availability, but this was really, really good.

edit: By which I mean yes, I will send you some if it's still available. :)

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Had a couple of these for Thanksgiving. Was pretty effing awesome.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
They were split a couple ways, it is a tad rich. I would like some more. :drool:
I usually bring a bunch of stuff like that back home when my wife and I visit our friends in WI. But unfortinuatly we have too many trips already planned this year to get to WI as well.