Quantcast

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I like it. 2nd bottle I've had. A friend here in town had his parents out from your part of the woods for the Holidaze and they always bring out a couple. Far as I know I can't actually purchase it anywhere near me.
NG is in the top 20 craft breweries in the country, but they don't distribute outside of Wisconsin. Something about barely able to keep up with local demand.... :cheers:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Birthday tasting last night:

The Bruery Oude Tart: Pretty good. Has the nose of The Duchess but it's not as complex. Probably get better with age. I might pick up a couple more and cellar.

To Ol Sans Frontier: Made by Mikeller's two students...it's....interesting. Wants to be a Belgian IPA with Brett. It needs to pick one or the other...

Firestone Walker XVI: Wow. Just...wow.

Logsdon Farmhouse Seizoen Bretta: Beautiful. It was delicious.

The Bruery Mischief: Better than I remember. Solid Belgian golden.

Lost Abbey Judgement Day Mayan Apocalypse: Once it warms up a bit, the chile and cinnamon flavors really come out. It was....interesting...needs to cellar about a year...will re-evaluate at that time.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Ho lee shyte.

This is probably the most interesting beer I have had all year. It starts with a mouth feel that is somewhere between nitro stout and cheesecake. That is not something I would normally talk about or even notice but it is really prevalent. The body is huge, distinctly rye and with a bit of bitterness that doesn't come from the hops. The finish is a bit like a good rye whiskey. It's pretty awesome.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Kicking back with some blairs habanero chips and 750ml bottle of "Supercharged Saison"
It's a collaboration brew between DeMolen and Hoppin frog brewery from the states.

10.4% ABV of arse kicking hoppy as hell Saison goodness.

Full of win! :D

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
An IPA from one of the newer Wellington Microbrewerys.
Parrot Dog "Bitter Bitch" IPA.

A great improvement on their early efforts which lacked body to carry the massive hopping schedule they used.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
A while back, Bear Republic announced that Charbay was going to make a whiskey out of their Racer 5 IPA. Being a big fan of both Racer 5 and whiskey, I thought this sounded awesome.

Unfortunately, when it was released, I decided that I couldn't justify $100 for a bottle just because I liked the beer it was made from.

Jenn fixed that decision for me at Christmas. It's delicious.

DSC_8528.jpg

I'm not super knowledgeable about whiskey - I just know what I like - but this is the first one whose character completely changes with a splash of water. Most whiskey I've had tastes different with an ice cube or a little water, but this is like two different liquors.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Flying Fish Exit 16... DIPA brewed with wild rice. It's awesome - just delicious.

Jon, don't you live near them? You sent me the Exit 1 for SS. Ever tried this one?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
A friend's home brew pale ale with lemongrass and ginger in it. It is surprisingly good.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Saturday nights list -
Alpine Brewing Nelson IPA - Great freakin' IPA
Elysian Brewing Mortis - Supposed to be a sour persimmon ale...good nose. That's about it. Such a let down.
The Bruery Rueuze - Awesome.
Tilquin Gueuze - Even awesomer than the Rueuze. It is epic.
Cascade Brewing Sang Royal - One of the best they make! Bad ass!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Flying Fish Exit 16... DIPA brewed with wild rice. It's awesome - just delicious.

Jon, don't you live near them? You sent me the Exit 1 for SS. Ever tried this one?
not sure exactly where they are in relation to me, but i've since moved from NJ to philly. i can still find their stuff around here, i'll keep an eye open.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Just finished a Rogue Bacon Maple Ale. It's every bit as--and possibly more--disgusting than even the worst review said.

I had a sip when a friend bought one, and that was more than enough. That stuff blows. A lot.

Fish Tale's porter. It's... average.

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Tell me about it. I drank the whole thing. At $12.59 a pop I wasn't gonna pour a 9% beer down the tube.

Green Flash Palate Wrecker to clean the palate.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Tell me about it. I drank the whole thing. At $12.59 a pop I wasn't gonna pour a 9% beer down the tube.
I tried one of those. It was decidedly not good, but I found it was a lot better when I stopped smelling it. The smell was terribly artificial.

Green Flash Palate Wrecker to clean the palate.
Just tried that last night - absolutely awesome :thumb: