Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Now- Dark roasted Organic Sumatra

Last night/yesterday- a glass of Macon-Villages (the producer eludes me), a bloody mary with a beer chaser (Schlitz?) that was way too out of balance. I like my BMs spicy but gimme some citrus too & not so much damn vodka. Then a bottle of Fort Simmon Chardonay from SA.

CDtofer

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Prague
Dogfish 90 minute IPA lately, been very good.

Yuenglings on tap is not to bad either and Hoegarden(w/ lemon) on random occassions as well.

Also was in Boston a few weeks back and had some Smithwicks, great dark beer.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Blue Moon pumpkin ale.
Flying Dog double dog double pale ale > 11.5 AC :cheers:

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We're having beer friends over tomorrow night so today I picked up the following:

Stone Smoked Porter
Saison Dupont
Three Philosophers Quad
He'brew Pomegranate Ale
Abita Purple Haze (for a chick)

Wish tomorrow night was tonight, so I am "stuck" with a Unibroue Chambly Noire. :cheers:

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Right now - Smuttynose IPA with a Dogfish 90 Minute IPA snuck in at beer #2. Feels good!

If anyone gets a chance to stop by The Portsmouth Brewery, pick up a 22oz of the "5Cs IPA" - AAWWEESSOOMMEE!!!!

toby

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Had the 2006 Ridge Three Valleys Zin last night. Very tasty but not as their single-vinyard bottlings, which are pretty much my favorites (Geyserville, Lytton Springs, etc.). It's their blend and although at about $20 a bottle it's a lot less than their other stuff, it's not a great value compared to other $20 Zins out there.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Had the 2006 Ridge Three Valleys Zin last night. Very tasty but not as their single-vinyard bottlings, which are pretty much my favorites (Geyserville, Lytton Springs, etc.). It's their blend and although at about $20 a bottle it's a lot less than their other stuff, it's not a great value compared to other $20 Zins out there.
Paul Draper is a legend.

Had the '01 Lynton Springs last year. It rocked. I also like their Paso Robles blend. The Paso Fruit is different from that up north. It seems to have more ooomph. If you can find a Zin with fruit from the Dusi Ranch in Paso scoop it up. Those vines have been there for ages & make a dazzling Zin.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there was a 20% off zin sale @ the wine store last weekend, and my economic hardship directed me to not buy a case of geyserville/lytton springs...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Paul Draper is a legend.

Had the '01 Lynton Springs last year. It rocked. I also like their Paso Robles blend. The Paso Fruit is different from that up north. It seems to have more ooomph. If you can find a Zin with fruit from the Dusi Ranch in Paso scoop it up. Those vines have been there for ages & make a dazzling Zin.
Yeah, been a big fan of Ridge pretty much since I started paying attention to wine. The single-vinyard approach gives the wines great character. I've never had a Ridge wine I didn't like. It's been a while since I've had a Paso Robles Ridge. I've got one sitting in my stash - pretty sure it's Dusi - that I suspect will not make it through the holiday season.