Quantcast

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm sorry...as much as I have tried I just can't get over the piney tase of a hoppy beer. I've tried several IPAs and just couldn't drink them. I more of a dark/ stout/ wheat/ bock type.
Don't apologize. While I enjoy the occasional IPA, there's a world of beer out there I'd much rather be drinking.

ICU812

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
East Coast
avery brewing - mephistopheles stout. 16% abv :brows: this is a small batch sold in 12oz single bottles only. if you like "big beers" try this one...so good!

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
A couple of weeks ago I pulled a '99 Fantome Saison from my cellar. Still tasted fantastic after all those years! Tonite...I think I'll be cracking a bottle of Allagash Curieux. Since I've had no heat for a while now, I figure I could toast to heat when we re-fire the system tonite.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Right now :
Gin & Tonic with a slice of orange. No lemons/limes in the house!
Its quite nice actually...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I had four proper pints of Guiness last night. Yum.

In the interest of beer research I also had a taste of something called Budweiser American Ale. I can't stand the taste of Bud, and I don't know anything about this Ale but it was actually not as bad as I expected - decent flavor, somewhere between a Bass and Sam Adams. Not something I'll seek out but I'd order it before a regular Bud.