Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Found this on sale for just a few bucks more than my usual Glenlivet 12. Pretty good. A bit smoother and more vanilla flavor than them standard. Would be a good one for people who don't appreciate the smokey notes as much.

I'm sitting at the bar and was just wondering what that was.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Interesting beer. I think this is the first hazy IPA I have tried with a wheat/oat base. Gives it a very light flavor with a bready finish that reminds my taste buds of pretzels. Also it's 8% but drinks like 6%.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Moro Oro, Collaboration Milkshake NE DIPA with Mosaic, Blood Orange and Blueberries

Not my usual cup of tea. I'm not a fan of milk stouts or beers brewed with milk sugar but this one managed to combine the interesting flavor of a milk stout with the deliciousness of a NE DIPA. I wouldn't drink this all the time but it was an interesting beer to try.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Moro Oro, Collaboration Milkshake NE DIPA with Mosaic, Blood Orange and Blueberries

Not my usual cup of tea. I'm not a fan of milk stouts or beers brewed with milk sugar but this one managed to combine the interesting flavor of a milk stout with the deliciousness of a NE DIPA. I wouldn't drink this all the time but it was an interesting beer to try.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Would recommend. Strong as fuck at 12% but not particularly boozy, great scotch/english style ale, and apparently it ages well (get back to me in 2 years on that). I'm gonna have to go back and get a few more of these.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Novo Brazil Quadruple Ale - This one got me drunk. Do not consume on an empty stomach. Or do, but don't be surprised when you catch a buzz.

A bit boozy but well balanced with classic malty flavors.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Continuing on the theme of 10% + beers, last night I tried this.

Freaking delicious. Not too hoppy not too boozy. My girlfriend guessed the ABV at 7.5% so it's way easier to drink than the numbers would suggust.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I found a salvage title (theft) awd, 41k mile 2016 Highlander at Copart. Needs new keys, no visible damage. Current bid $6100. Probably all-in around $10k max. Told Wifey and got an angry "I don't want to hear it. I'm not even listening to your" esponse. That is a $35k car. W.t.f. save $20k, but no because it's been stolen.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So I found a salvage title (theft) awd, 41k mile 2016 Highlander at Copart. Needs new keys, no visible damage. Current bid $6100. Probably all-in around $10k max. Told Wifey and got an angry "I don't want to hear it. I'm not even listening to your" esponse. That is a $35k car. W.t.f. save $20k, but no because it's been stolen.
you're drinking right now, aren't you?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
This beer is good. Like really good.

I'm always looking for good dark beers that aren't sweet. Too many stouts and porters have a bunch of vanilla or whatever in them to make them more palatable to the Starbucks Crapachino drinkers. Well this beer is just what it should be, dark, smokey and delicious. They call it a dark IPA on the can (then they call it a dark ale in the description) but there's nothing IPA esq in the beer.

PS not my picture

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Had some other locals last week, there were some decent things, wasn't blown away by the beer, but one wouldn't suffer in this region either.
IMG_6025.JPG

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Not drinking Bud Light, that's for sure. For some reason they're really excited about serving up rice beer. Doesn't everyone know rice beer sucks? That's like bragging that you use olive oil in your fork instead of hydraulic fluid.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not drinking Bud Light, that's for sure. For some reason they're really excited about serving up rice beer. Doesn't everyone know rice beer sucks? That's like bragging that you use olive oil in your fork instead of hydraulic fluid.

They would chop off you wiener and your head if you admitted to that in medieval Europe. Fucking Anheuser-Busch...

In other news, sorry Coloradans, your NEIPAs suck, including this one.