Quantcast

Right wing jumps the shark

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
It's over, the right wing is now officially too stupid to parody. They came close with Sarah Palin when all Tina Fey had to do was repeat her statements verbatim but this is a new level.

Breitbart said:
So now The Onion, celebrated for their zany approach to the news, has fallen under the spell of the radical left and has become one more mouthpiece for anti-Semitic propaganda. In their latest attempt at humor, The Onion posted this piece of Palestinian propaganda:
Now it's one thing to mistake The Onion for a serious news source and respond. It is another thing entirely to know what you are responding to and crank up the outrage machine anyway. I don't know how you make fun of them anymore. There is nothing I could ever dream of that would be dumber than what they come up with themselves.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/11/19/The-Onion-Goes-Anti-Semitic?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+BigJournalism+(Big+Journalism)

As one would expect, comment section is gold.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've said it before, and I will say it again. I pray nightly to His-Noodlieness that the republicans continue down this path. Continue to entrench, continue to believe that they just had the wrong candidate, continue to eat their own, and continue to believe that they lost to the "entitlement culture". They are working on consolidating Democratic leadership for decades to come, and I absolutely approve.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last two presidential elections the Republicans selected arguable, the two most moderate of the available candidates when pretty much only republicans are voting. They then go and select two very conservative VP candidates as running mates to 'energize the base' that just selected the moderates. At least this time they didn't pick a running mate out of the special-ed class. It would seem these decisions are not being made to make the 'people' happy but those who are bankrolling the whole mess.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've said it before, and I will say it again. I pray nightly to His-Noodlieness that the republicans continue down this path. Continue to entrench, continue to believe that they just had the wrong candidate, continue to eat their own, and continue to believe that they lost to the "entitlement culture". They are working on consolidating Democratic leadership for decades to come, and I absolutely approve.
While I agree, it does scare me that the crazier they get, the more chances they have to actually win and the rest of us are stuck with crazy running sh!t.

If anyone else saw Mike Huckabee on The Daily Show post election, you would know just how crazy they are.

"Ermagerd theres a black guy in Philadelphia!!!"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so you people (oh yes i did) think the right has cornered the market on the selfish, rich, *AND* crazy? have you been to hollywood? or know anything about judgment-impaired pro athletes?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
so you people (oh yes i did) think the right has cornered the market on the selfish, rich, *AND* crazy? have you been to hollywood? or know anything about judgment-impaired pro athletes?
I would take those over this guy any day. He is all 3 and is as far right as they come.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
While I agree, it does scare me that the crazier they get, the more chances they have to actually win and the rest of us are stuck with crazy running sh!t.
I don't recall an election prior to 2008 where the Republican VP candidates gave me reason to doubt whether or not they were capable of doing the job (despite obvious political differences). The choice of Sarah Palin for VP was shocking because the GOP picked someone who not only was clearly under qualified, but didn't even know the job description.

If anyone else saw Mike Huckabee on The Daily Show post election, you would know just how crazy they are.

"Ermagerd theres a black guy in Philadelphia!!!"
Didn't see that episode, but did see Huckabee on during the primaries. And I have to say, I liked the guy, seemed to be a rational, intelligent politician. Then he came out of the closet for the Chick-Filet of Jesus anti-gay day. Sorry to say but I had to go straight Dem. ticket this last go around. Safe to assume at this point that the GOP really are Republitards Hell bent on infusing Christianity into government.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Thanks

Both of them skirted the real issue, separation of church and state.

If you are Governing by Christian principles you are in effect endorsing a state sanctioned religion, which is indeed an "egregious violation of religious liberty". Does it not say that in the first amendment that the Federal government shall choose no one religion ? How does this not get more attention ?

I have no problems with people worshiping or not. But the idea that one religion is mightier than an other is fvcking appalling. We have a constitutional right to not be governed by someone else's religious views.

Joe Biden said it best when pressed on the issue of abortion during the VP debate. He said that he stood by his church's position, but would not enforce his views on any other religious group (hindus, Muslims, etc.).

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I have no problems with people worshiping or not. But the idea that one religion is mightier than an other is fvcking appalling. We have a constitutional right to not be governed by someone else's religious views.
What he F'ing said!!!!

If you are Governing by Christian principles you are in effect endorsing a state sanctioned religion, which is indeed an "egregious violation of religious liberty". Does it not say that in the first amendment that the Federal government shall choose no one religion ? How does this not get more attention ?
Are these not by and large the same group of people who want strict adherence to the Constitution? They hypocrisy is mind boggling..........

This is the exact same kind of thinking that caused me to walk away from evanglical Christianity. Preach strict adherence to the Text but regularly misuse said Text...........I'm done........

Last edited: