Quantcast

Right wing jumps the shark

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by Beef Supreme, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Beef Supreme

Beef Supreme Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    29 / 72
    It's over, the right wing is now officially too stupid to parody. They came close with Sarah Palin when all Tina Fey had to do was repeat her statements verbatim but this is a new level.

Now it's one thing to mistake The Onion for a serious news source and respond. It is another thing entirely to know what you are responding to and crank up the outrage machine anyway. I don't know how you make fun of them anymore. There is nothing I could ever dream of that would be dumber than what they come up with themselves.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journa...campaign=Feed:+BigJournalism+(Big+Journalism)

As one would expect, comment section is gold.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Pesqueeb

Pesqueeb bicycle in airplane hangar

Rep/Likes:
    437 / 3,179
    I've said it before, and I will say it again. I pray nightly to His-Noodlieness that the republicans continue down this path. Continue to entrench, continue to believe that they just had the wrong candidate, continue to eat their own, and continue to believe that they lost to the "entitlement culture". They are working on consolidating Democratic leadership for decades to come, and I absolutely approve.

3. Westy

Westy the teste

Rep/Likes:
    443 / 2,835
    Last two presidential elections the Republicans selected arguable, the two most moderate of the available candidates when pretty much only republicans are voting. They then go and select two very conservative VP candidates as running mates to 'energize the base' that just selected the moderates. At least this time they didn't pick a running mate out of the special-ed class. It would seem these decisions are not being made to make the 'people' happy but those who are bankrolling the whole mess.

4. rockofullr

rockofullr confused

Rep/Likes:
    115 / 836
    I loled.

5. jimmydean

jimmydean The Official Meat of Ridemonkey

Rep/Likes:
    174 / 1,529
    While I agree, it does scare me that the crazier they get, the more chances they have to actually win and the rest of us are stuck with crazy running sh!t.

If anyone else saw Mike Huckabee on The Daily Show post election, you would know just how crazy they are.

"Ermagerd theres a black guy in Philadelphia!!!"

6. $tinkle

$tinkle Expert on blowing

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    so you people (oh yes i did) think the right has cornered the market on the selfish, rich, *AND* crazy? have you been to hollywood? or know anything about judgment-impaired pro athletes?

7. jimmydean

Rep/Likes:
    174 / 1,529
    I would take those over this guy any day. He is all 3 and is as far right as they come.

8. Jim Mac

Jim Mac MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN

Rep/Likes:
    32 / 281
    Ted Nugent Death Watch....

...still not as good a band name as John Cougar Concentration Camp or REO Speed Dealer.

9. jackalope

jackalope Mental acuity - 1%

Rep/Likes:
    244 / 1,611
  10. Pesqueeb

Pesqueeb bicycle in airplane hangar

Rep/Likes:
    437 / 3,179
  11. jimmydean

Rep/Likes:
    174 / 1,529
  12. jonKranked

jonKranked Press Button, Receive Stupid

Rep/Likes:
    383 / 3,711
    meanwhile, back at GOP headquarters...

"if only josef fritzl wasn't in jail..."

13. AngryMetalsmith

AngryMetalsmith Business is good, thanks for asking

Rep/Likes:
    316 / 1,940
    I don't recall an election prior to 2008 where the Republican VP candidates gave me reason to doubt whether or not they were capable of doing the job (despite obvious political differences). The choice of Sarah Palin for VP was shocking because the GOP picked someone who not only was clearly under qualified, but didn't even know the job description.

Didn't see that episode, but did see Huckabee on during the primaries. And I have to say, I liked the guy, seemed to be a rational, intelligent politician. Then he came out of the closet for the Chick-Filet of Jesus anti-gay day. Sorry to say but I had to go straight Dem. ticket this last go around. Safe to assume at this point that the GOP really are Republitards Hell bent on infusing Christianity into government.

14. jimmydean

Rep/Likes:
    174 / 1,529
    Part1

Part2

15. AngryMetalsmith

AngryMetalsmith Business is good, thanks for asking

Rep/Likes:
    316 / 1,940
    Thanks

Both of them skirted the real issue, separation of church and state.

If you are Governing by Christian principles you are in effect endorsing a state sanctioned religion, which is indeed an "egregious violation of religious liberty". Does it not say that in the first amendment that the Federal government shall choose no one religion ? How does this not get more attention ?

I have no problems with people worshiping or not. But the idea that one religion is mightier than an other is fvcking appalling. We have a constitutional right to not be governed by someone else's religious views.

Joe Biden said it best when pressed on the issue of abortion during the VP debate. He said that he stood by his church's position, but would not enforce his views on any other religious group (hindus, Muslims, etc.).

16. Andyman_1970

Andyman_1970 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 5
    What he F'ing said!!!!

Are these not by and large the same group of people who want strict adherence to the Constitution? They hypocrisy is mind boggling..........

This is the exact same kind of thinking that caused me to walk away from evanglical Christianity. Preach strict adherence to the Text but regularly misuse said Text...........I'm done........

#17 -   Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  17. jimmydean

Rep/Likes:
    174 / 1,529
    ftfy.

:rofl: