Quantcast

Rigid fork on a USB Molly

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
I've been switching between rigid and low travel suspension on my DJ-4 for awhile and decided that I'm smooth enough for a fully dedicated rigid street/park fork. Just wondering if anyone on here is running one. I've seen pictures on their site but I'd like to see some first hand comments.

The only fork I'd probably get is a Gold Label but I'm not sure if I want to throw down the extra money for another low travel fork( even with a discount). Is there anything other than a DMR TB that comes in 24", 20mm and no brake bosses? I'd be intrested in the Doberman fork but thats many moons away from production.

If anyone can find me a sherman jumper that would be rad though..

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I have a Molly with an Identiti Rebate. DJ'n on a rigid is a good ride, I just don't like the Rebate riding street cuz I can't footjam that easy. I mean I can but have to be careful which I don't like. But for jumping she's great with this set up...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I have a Molly with an Identiti Rebate. DJ'n on a rigid is a good ride, I just don't like the Rebate riding street cuz I can't footjam that easy. I mean I can but have to be careful which I don't like. But for jumping she's great with this set up...

Damn, I remember that Molly very well! But I didn't realize it was yours! Nice, dude, very nice. Looks SOOO fun to just roll around on...

LarsonTT Check out Kappabmx.com. They've got sick "new-retro" frames and they make about any size rigy fork you could want. I mean seriously, 24" cruiser forks for $99! I think the 26" versions are a $120 or somethin..

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
My boy runs a DMR trailblade2 and it pretty damn solid. I think he's going the squish route tho. But it's a good fork for a 20mm option.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, I've got the Rebate 1420 on my Molly atm, with the disc mounts ground off and the axle ends flushed since I never run pegs up front. Had an '06 DJ2 slammed to 50mm with the NemPro kit on there and I scored a Solid crown race for both forks so I can switch back and forth real easy like. I still keep the 50mm guns in reserve, but I've been spending most of my time on the rigids riding nothing else but street here in the endless cities of Japan.
425mm of A-C feels pretty good on the Molly, doesn't lower the bb too much, which is critical because I like the pop of a high bb height on 24's. My DJ2 at 50mm was 435-440mm a-c I believe.

not too sure what the DMR weighs, but my Rebate weighed in at 3lb 9oz after the steerer tube was cut some, and including the 14/20mm axle, bolts, and solid crown race and star-nut.

jtdcg posted a nice photo of sexy irish lady for me. thanks. I also posted one here in the "24inches of love" thread.

20mm thru spacing is 110mm, typical bolt-on/qr is 100mm spacing, but this 1420 fork can take either a 14mm bmx bolt on hub or a 20mm thru-axle (which I chose to make swapping between forks easiest. Looks smooth too.