Quantcast

rim replacement?? WHATkind????

Discussion in 'The Shop' started by crash decandia, Sep 16, 2005.

1. crash decandia

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    im riding a giant reign and tacoed the rear rim quite easily alex dp 20s i ride pretty hard anmd am pretty heavy for my hieght whats a good replacement?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sanjuro

sanjuro Tube Smuggler

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 0
    WTB Dual Duty FR

3. Grizzle

Grizzle Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    what he said ^ or the azonic outlaw wheelset. Both of those hold up quite well, and the azonic can be converted to a 20 mm front axle if you end up going that route.

4. skurfer333

skurfer333 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    I ride Supras (BH and D) and they hold up very nice and they're on the lighter side. Outlaws are great too, so are the halo tornados, arrow frx's and atomlab trailcorps. all those rims are basically different companies' versions of the same rim. I don't know a lot about the wtb's but they seem to be pretty popular these days. If I were you I'd look around and see what the best deal was out of those.

5. sixsixtysix

sixsixtysix Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    If you want outlaws on the mega cheap, look at performace bike's "loco" wheelset, its a 32spoke outlaw, same manufacturer, same hubs, and if you catch one of performance's sales they can be had for about $150/set. I bought a set as a backup wheelset and have been pleasantly surprised with them.

6. Bicyclist

Bicyclist Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    Ryno Lite XLs on XT hubs. They can also be found for around 150, maybe a little more. They're stiff and light.

7. Urban FR'er 666

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    smack-dab-in-the-middle of NY(state, not city)!
    I weigh 270lbs, and the only two rims I have found to hold-up fine are the ATOM-LAB TRAIL-PIMP, and the INTENSE MAG-30!!!

8. ZachTheMech

ZachTheMech Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Im 200 lbs, ride freeride and have seen no problems with Sun Rims Single Tracks. well i did mess up a front but that was from a crash nosing in off a drop and the wheels were turned whrtn i hit, so i think i woulda messed up any rim. Also have a Bombshell up front now which has been working great.