Quantcast

rim replacement?? WHATkind????

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
what he said ^ or the azonic outlaw wheelset. Both of those hold up quite well, and the azonic can be converted to a 20 mm front axle if you end up going that route.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I ride Supras (BH and D) and they hold up very nice and they're on the lighter side. Outlaws are great too, so are the halo tornados, arrow frx's and atomlab trailcorps. all those rims are basically different companies' versions of the same rim. I don't know a lot about the wtb's but they seem to be pretty popular these days. If I were you I'd look around and see what the best deal was out of those.

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
If you want outlaws on the mega cheap, look at performace bike's "loco" wheelset, its a 32spoke outlaw, same manufacturer, same hubs, and if you catch one of performance's sales they can be had for about $150/set. I bought a set as a backup wheelset and have been pleasantly surprised with them.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Ryno Lite XLs on XT hubs. They can also be found for around 150, maybe a little more. They're stiff and light.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Im 200 lbs, ride freeride and have seen no problems with Sun Rims Single Tracks. well i did mess up a front but that was from a crash nosing in off a drop and the wheels were turned whrtn i hit, so i think i woulda messed up any rim. Also have a Bombshell up front now which has been working great.