Quantcast

Rims?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
So I'm going to build up a light XC bike and I'm planning to build my own wheels. I want to use either Sun 0 Degrees or Sun UFOs. I'm light but I ride pretty technical terrain. What do you think of these two choices? Does anyone have any other rim brake specific suggestions? I don't really want to use Mavic rims, but if you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2004
Va Beach
The last set I built I used Ritchey WCS OCR. OCR is the Off Center Rim for the back wheel so you don't have to dish it so much plus the spoke length is the same for both sides. I like the wheelset a lot and have about 4 years now on them with zero problems.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
The dt xr4.1's look nice. I just built a front wheel this weekend w/ one. I've only put two rides on it so I'm no where near close to saying anything as far as durability goes. Thats just another option and I'm sure there are people out there who have put some time on them.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I actually ordered the Sun 0 Degrees yesterday, but I'll have to check out the DT rims sometime. I've never ridden anything made by them, so it would be nice to try something new.