Quantcast

>>>Rinse repeat Monderp GMT<<<

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yeah but this isn't gonna be any worse than a normal line of t-storms. especially if it tracks over land as much as it is forecast to. also, there are lots of old trees in lots of places on the east coast too, ya know. and plenty where young trees are either rooted shallowly or (like out hood) where people planted shit trees like bradford pears that self-destruct after 25-30 years. :rofl:
we had a derecho roll through about a month ago. people in my township were without power for 1-5 days.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Modular. Doing two for sure, maybe three or four. 39.5"w x 61"d x 36.5"h
It connects with the other ones, so L, square, long straight options.
Aren't you rather tall ? I'm 5' 10" and my preferred bench height is 37.25". I wouldn't get too complicated with your first bench because your desired height is likely to change as you develop working habits. Can take a while to figure out the right height so you don't have back, shoulder and neck problems.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Aren't you rather tall ? I'm 5' 10" and my preferred bench height is 37.25". I wouldn't get too complicated with your first bench because your desired height is likely to change as you develop working habits. Can take a while to figure out the right height so you don't have back, shoulder and neck problems.
i'm 6'1" and my work benches are 42" (bike stuff only) & 43" (general projects, some woodwork). my router table is 33" (which i wouldn't mind being higher) but is a reasonable height for its intended purpose. i have a dovetailing jig which i've used on it before as well; it adds a few inches to the height.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i'm 6'1" and my work benches are 42" (bike stuff only) & 43" (general projects, some woodwork). my router table is 33" (which i wouldn't mind being higher) but is a reasonable height for its intended purpose. i have a dovetailing jig which i've used on it before as well; it adds a few inches to the height.
Nice, bet you don't have back problems from leaning over too far.

I like a bench that I can work at equally well standing or sitting. My main bench is a beast. I can sit and file quietly or whale on on it with everything I got and it won't budge. Not one millimeter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the main benches no, but the router table disagreed with my back when i tried to do some hand planing on it in the past. if i did more woodworking i'd make a bigger table purpose built for it. alas i'm out of space here.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ah, fuck, just read that one of my friends here was struck and killed by a car in Knoxville, TN. on July 31. I am sure the driver gets a slap on the wrist.
fuckity.
RIP Stephan.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yesterday as I left the horse show , still in my EMT uniform I only got 2 blocks before I came upon a wreck. T bone, red light run, aribags deployed and no police, fire or EMS in sight. Pulled over , grabbed my jump bag and went to work. PD showed, then five later Fire and finally an ambulance. One to the hospital code 3.. fun stuff :bonk:

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ah, fuck, just read that one of my friends here was struck and killed by a car in Knoxville, TN. on July 31. I am sure the driver gets a slap on the wrist.
fuckity.
RIP Stephan.
Bummer, sorry to hear! :(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I like a bench that I can work at equally well standing or sitting. My main bench is a beast. I can sit and file quietly or whale on on it with everything I got and it won't budge. Not one millimeter.
Pics? I'm not kind on my work benches and need something that can take a beating.

you'd never ride during an east coast summer
Even getting up early I find I'm struggling with the heat and humidity. God damn, it's like a wet heavy blanket on my heart these days.

What movement?
Yes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Even getting up early I find I'm struggling with the heat and humidity. God damn, it's like a wet heavy blanket on my heart these days.
yea, i just sweat a lot, even in the morning. one upside about the tropical storm is that it looks like its gonna cool things off for a few days, at least back down in the low to mid 80's.