Quantcast

>>>Rinse repeat Monderp GMT<<<

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Me too. And my wife is forever trying to pitch them. I tell here they are essential... :D
I was planning to throw this one straight into the trash when I got home, but it’s from a race way back in the day that I named and created the logo for. So, into the laundry pile it went, it’s essential.

Has no one noticed my pandemic avatar ? Worked really hard on it for like three minutes, geez.
Sorry, I’ve been too preoccupied with noticing when my girlfriend gets her hair cut to say something.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Very happy to report that I got offered the job I competed for, managing ITER's beryllium risk through final assembly. Will have 6 direct reports eventually. Will work in Yurp for 5 - 7 more years, then retire in Spain or Portugal unless multiple grandchildren occur. Quite glad the wait is over. :banana:
Related?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No bikes today. Dog barfed in bed at 4:30am and a few more times after.

Busted my knuckles mounting a new tire and insert in the rear wheel. Holy shit never again. Had to hail mary it with sealant and a compressor. Wheel builder dude tossed me the Rimpact for free, so might as well give it a whirl on the rox in Quebec next week. That rim is on its last legs, too, so it needs all the help it can get.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Very happy to report that I got offered the job I competed for, managing ITER's beryllium risk through final assembly. Will have 6 direct reports eventually. Will work in Yurp for 5 - 7 more years, then retire in Spain or Portugal unless multiple grandchildren occur. Quite glad the wait is over. :banana:
Be careful. The women in Portugal are mean and cruel in a truly evil way. You do not even need to be in a relationship with them to exact their revenge on you. Portugal is a truly bad place. Ever notice that there are no Portuguese restaurant's here in the States? (with the Possible exception of Fall River Mass).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Be careful. The women in Portugal are mean and cruel in a truly evil way. You do not even need to be in a relationship with them to exact their revenge on you. Portugal is a truly bad place. Ever notice that there are no Portuguese restaurant's here in the States? (with the Possible exception of Fall River Mass).
I think he's married... so Portugal should just mean lots of legalized drugs for @Colonel Angus . :homer:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When's it supposed to hit?
rain is supposed to start off scattered this evening, becoming steady overnight with the winds picking up in the AM. rain forecast is anywhere from 2 to 6" of rain. just went out to fill up gas cans for the generator, just in case.

also scored some focal banger, so it's not all dreadful.

edit: in checking the radar, there's a separate system ahead of isaias that's bringing the rain this evening.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No bikes today. Dog barfed in bed at 4:30am and a few more times after.

Busted my knuckles mounting a new tire and insert in the rear wheel. Holy shit never again. Had to hail mary it with sealant and a compressor. Wheel builder dude tossed me the Rimpact for free, so might as well give it a whirl on the rox in Quebec next week. That rim is on its last legs, too, so it needs all the help it can get.
i've been using rimpact since late last summer and am a fan. just ordered a second set.

rain is supposed to start off scattered this evening, becoming steady overnight with the winds picking up in the AM. rain forecast is anywhere from 2 to 6" of rain. just went out to fill up gas cans for the generator, just in case.

also scored some focal banger, so it's not all dreadful.

edit: in checking the radar, there's a separate system ahead of isaias that's bringing the rain this evening.
00.jpg

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Supper complete. Leftovers for another Day.

Isaias travel up to the NE area is already being compared to Hurricane Sandy as for potential storm surge. Coming over PR and Cuba, it stayed off shore of Florida and, over some real warm water. Hope it can track further east.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
of course you're the kind with a "caution kids playing" sign
There are girls directly across the street and they don't make the best decisions... It's a hill on a sweeping curve with trees blocking line of sight. And we have some people who drive through like assholes. So the neighbors all agreed that we put them in the middle of the street up and down the hill (relatively narrow) to force people to slow down. We're the highest house on the hill with kids, so we put them up on the top of the hill; there's another family that handles the bottom and one for the middle too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There are girls directly across the street and they don't make the best decisions... It's a hill on a sweeping curve with trees blocking line of sight. And we have some people who drive through like assholes. So the neighbors all agreed that we put them in the middle of the street up and down the hill (relatively narrow) to force people to slow down. We're the highest house on the hill with kids, so we put them up on the top of the hill; there's another family that handles the bottom and one for the middle too.
Cut a sonotube into thirds length wise, get some quikrete and a hammer drill, bam instant speed bumps

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have no intention of sporting a Donald Trump physique. Two was quite enough.
the correct answer is always "moar tacos". that way you have to take another long bike ride to burn them off. but then you're hungry for tacos again, and the cycle repeats itself. you've been here how long is any of this getting through to you?

:rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
mmmm...beer.

our interwebz have been out since friday afternoon. first available tech was tomorrow at 3. fu spectrum.

also, people need to settle down about a dang tropical storm. it's gonna rain a bit and get breezy for a day. mmmmkay?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
mmmm...beer.

our interwebz have been out since friday afternoon. first available tech was tomorrow at 3. fu spectrum.

also, people need to settle down about a dang tropical storm. it's gonna rain a bit and get breezy for a day. mmmmkay?
round here we have a lot of old trees that tend to fell over and hit power lines in storms.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
round here we have a lot of old trees that tend to fell over and hit power lines in storms.
yeah but this isn't gonna be any worse than a normal line of t-storms. especially if it tracks over land as much as it is forecast to. also, there are lots of old trees in lots of places on the east coast too, ya know. and plenty where young trees are either rooted shallowly or (like out hood) where people planted shit trees like bradford pears that self-destruct after 25-30 years. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
All checked in. Fraser, not Granby, it turns out.

E06CEF60-A4CE-4E18-9A8B-40ABC3F51BE5.jpeg

The baby approves of the condo.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
IMG_20200803_100520.jpg

The wife said my new watch looks cheap. I dig it, and it was free. It was supposed to be titanium and it obviously isn't, so they gave me a full refund. I said "if you think this looks cheap, wait until you see my $0.45 Rolex :rofl: