Quantcast

riots?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
The Clinton run DNC did not want a democrat to win the White House this election. The whole thing was a sham, they chose an intept canidate with a 20 year history of not doing anything, in order to ensure that Hillary will be able to run in 2008. If I was a democrat I'd be totally pissed at the Clinton/DNC operation for thinking I was so stupid as to not see what's going on.
You need to borrow Changleens hat.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It's the sign of the times, DT. No longer can the rest of the world look to us as a shining example of how best to transfer political power through elections. Voting "irregularities"(which are an oxymoron)...huge lines at the polls...unevolved balloting methods...waiting and waiting for the results...legal teams on retainer to bicker over the results once they do arrive...you name it. All the third-world "we're-new-to-this-democracy-thing" oddities that we once shook our collective heads over have now come home to roost. All we need is some Kingston/Port-Au-Prince-stylee gunplay at the polls in order to "complete the look"... :o:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
how about because stupid irresponsible hippies protest? The rest of us, although defeated, still believe in the democratic system.

You are a whiny poor loser, now keep your stupid ideas to yourself.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Damn True said:
I know.They put on their tin-foil hats within minutes.

blah blah blah diebold
blah blah blah supplemental votes

funny thing is, they never mentioned a necessity to count supplemental ballots in Wisconson where Kerry won by a smaller margin than he lost Ohio by.
There are extremes at both ends, we simply need to ignore them, and those of us in the middle need to come to some sort of an agreement on things.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
how about because stupid irresponsible hippies protest? The rest of us, although defeated, still believe in the democratic system.

I presume you are talking to Fast&Smooth, but whatever - telling people to keep their ideas to themselves on an internet discussion board is pretty dumb.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Changleen said:
I presume you are talking to Fast&Smooth, but whatever - telling people to keep their ideas to themselves on an internet discussion board is pretty dumb.
I was. Seriously, whiny morons annoy me. He claims his side lost, and then wants to protest it and riot. The man was DEMOCRATICALLY elected in a free choice election.

Therefore, he is a poor loser and should keep his stupid crybaby ideas to himself. Boo hoo we lost, let's go cause public disturbances, because that is what America needs most right now!

Note: I am neither republican, nor democrat, not american.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
I was. Seriously, whiny morons annoy me. He claims his side lost, and then wants to protest it and riot. The man was DEMOCRATICALLY elected in a free choice election.

Therefore, he is a poor loser and should keep his stupid crybaby ideas to himself. Boo hoo we lost, let's go cause public disturbances, because that is what America needs most right now!

Note: I am neither republican, nor democrat, not american.
Hey, N8 annoys the crap outta me.. Sometimes you just gotta ignore.

He may be a poor loser, but he has every right to express his ideas, even if they are anti-social and counter productive. Anyway. this is a stupid argument to have. Let's not have it, eh?

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Transcend said:

right on! :stupid:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Fast&Smooth said:
why aren't we taking to the streets in mass numbers to protest? or does he need to start another war first? (last time 15 million worldwide protested him, the largest # in the history of man kind)

are you going to just sit there and take it...again?
your little gas mask and pansy signs are nothing compared to the rubber bullets i'd more than likely end up having to fire on you.

i just love it when little college twerps think they know something about war. go back to your hemp festival.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
manimal said:
your little gas mask and pansy signs are nothing compared to the rubber bullets i'd more than likely end up having to fire on you.

i just love it when little college twerps think they know something about war. go back to your hemp festival.

:drool:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
manimal said:

you guys get the new pepperball guns yet? Paintball with a nauseating twist!
:D

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Fast&Smooth said:
half the country and most of the world disagrees with that.
Actually Bush got 51% of the vote (more than Clinton EVER got), and in case you flunked civics, we don't involve the rest of the world in our electoral process.
When was the last time the French, or any other country asked you your opinion of their elections?
They havent, ya know why?
THEY DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK!
Which is why we shouldn't give two poops about their opinion.

That said, please, please, please feel free to sally forth to Manimal's jurisdiction and raise a little hell. Go ahead. Break the law. Vandalize something. Halt commerce and emergency services. I'll be waiting for the video of your well deserved a$$-whupping on CNN. Then you can explain to us all how said actions had a positive effect.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Damn True said:
Actually Bush got 51% of the vote (more than Clinton EVER got), and in case you flunked civics, we don't involve the rest of the world in our electoral process.
When was the last time the French, or any other country asked you your opinion of their elections?
They havent, ya know why?
THEY DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK!
Which is why we shouldn't give two poops about their opinion.
Sorry, you are wrong. Other countries DO care about what their neighbours think. Voters also take this into account. It's called being part the international community.

Right now North Korea and the USA are neck and neck for insularity.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Changleen said:
Sorry, you are wrong. Other countries DO care about what their neighbours think. Voters also take this into account. It's called being part the international community.

Right now North Korea and the USA are neck and neck for insularity.
Oh bull$hit!
You are telling me that the opinion of New Zealanders affects the voting of Australians?

God dude that is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Damn True said:
Oh bull$hit!
You are telling me that the opinion of New Zealanders affects the voting of Australians?

God dude that is the funniest thing I have ever heard.
I'm serious. This is the difference between us right here. Most people in take into account the situation in the world before they cast their vote. 51% of Americans don't (or can't maybe).

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Changleen said:
I'm serious. This is the difference between us right here. Most people in take into account the situation in the world before they cast their vote. 51% of Americans don't (or can't maybe).

Aussie voter: "Hmm, wot'll the kiwis think if I vote Labour?..........Sorry mate, dunno wot I was thinkin 'ere. Piss on 'em. Let's 'it the poob and watch s'me Rugby League on the telly."

Dude c'mon, get real. Nobody and I mean NOBODY cares what people in other countries think about who THEY vote for. People vote in accordance with their beliefs and their values. If you think the Labour party will do the best job governing NZ you vote for them. You don't weigh the potential opinion of Micronesians, you do what you can to take care of yourself, your family, and your country.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Changleen said:
bullsh1t. You vote purely on domestic and foreign affairs issues..in your own interest. Don't try and tell me otherwise, as dozens of political scientists will have proven you wrong.

mas

Chimp
Jul 23, 2002
Seattle, WA
Fast&Smooth said:
why aren't we taking to the streets in mass numbers to protest? or does he need to start another war first? (last time 15 million worldwide protested him, the largest # in the history of man kind)

are you going to just sit there and take it...again?
Protest what?? The election process?

I voted for Kerry and hoped to God he would win. The majority of the country did not agree with me. Be thankful we can vote.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Let's see, GW forces states to sell power for manufactured crisis to benefit big business, forces striking unions back to work to benefit big business, forced your parents/grandparents to buy overpriced drugs and tried to pass legistlation to bar them from buying cheaper foreign drugs to benefit big business, has disaggreed with the world on environmental policies to benefit big business, and started a 2nd war by preying on fears of 9/11 to benefit big business.

I am still stunned.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Fast&Smooth said:
Saturday nov 6 1pm meeting at 4th/pike by westlake ceneter - we shall march.
:p Your state was one that picked Kerry...WTF good is it going to do you to march in WA?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Fast&Smooth said:
yea thank God we have some smart people in WA. It's actually statistically proven that states with low IQ's voted Bush.
I was not aware that IQ varied state to state. Please show these statistics.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fast&Smooth said:
sorry to interrupt your self-congratulation, but that page is flat out wrong. linked from it is this: http://www.economist.com/World/na/displayStory.cfm?story_id=2692859

Clueless in St James's

Last week we published a list that purported to show the IQs of states voting for George Bush and Al Gore in 2000. Alas, we were the victim of a hoax: no such data exists. By way of apology, here are two very crude ratings of states' intelligence—and how they voted.
now this is real data, on the other hand:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Fast&Smooth said:
I was under the impression the scores were concluded from SAT scores and other census. And you're still talking about 2000.
If you're dumb enough to believe you can get someone's IQ from an SAT, I guess you can just believe what you want.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Fast&Smooth said:
You're oviously dumb enough to support this president. That says a lot too.
Bwaaaaahahahhaa. You got pwned again. Please find a post that says I voted for GWB.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
actually, there is a strong correlation between SAT scores and IQ according to many sources, and it doesn't really matter as IQ is an arbitrary measure on its own. it's just that the data on the page that F&S linked to is garbage.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Toshi said:
actually, there is a strong correlation between SAT scores and IQ according to many sources, and it doesn't really matter as IQ is an arbitrary measure on its own. it's just that the data on the page that F&S linked to is garbage.
There may be some correlation between having a high IQ and scoring well sure, but take Hawaii for example (chosen especially for Toshi for its high asian population). Its people arent any stupider than anywhere else of course, but consider it has the worst schools or close to them in the country because of money, and yeah, the SAT scores are going to be lower there. Thats why those stats are bogus.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Fast&Smooth said:
You're oviously dumb enough to support this president. That says a lot too.
Get some compassion and sympathy for the rest of the human race.

And, while you are at it, pull your head out of your ass.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Fast&Smooth said:
Divided We Stand.

i'm old enough. today i had to register for the draft.

and i still believe that bush supporters tend to be stubborn and uneducated, for he done so much wrong, lied so many times, been so belligerent - i simply cannot see why people would accept him.

u can bitch it all you want. there's a lot more to argue for my side than yours.
So apparently you are BARELY old enough to vote. How about you grow up, and stop acting like a spoiled brat? BOO HOO you don;t like losing, guess what? That is life. The system works, no matter how convoluted it is.

Mommy and daddy aren't taking out loans to pay for college for you so that you can waste time and protest a free and democratic election system.

BTW, no i do not support bush, nor do I support Kerry. They are both complete morons.