Quantcast

RIP: George Carlin

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
He and Hunter S were my heroes.

Today its like my second father of my personality died.

One of the last great lights of our society went silent today.
We are forever the lesser for it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Sh1t, piss, fvck, cvnt, cocksucker, motherfvcker....this is so not tits.

:(

RIP Mr. Carlin.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My favorite bit from the movies is The Rules of The Road from Jay & Silent Bob.

Getting a bj from Carlin is disgustingly funny.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Like Dirt, Carlin was one of my personality's two fathers. I loved his take on humanity as a cursed institution and his comedic observations that supported that view. To prevent myself from becoming wholeheartedly, cynical I tempered Carlin with the sometimes optimism of another great that passed within the year, Kurt Vonnegut. I liked knowing that guys like this were out there being rascals still. I'll miss you wise fellas.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sonofawhore!

I can't believe it! I LOVE Carlin. He had a good life though. RIP, or don't if that's how he wants to go!

"Tonight's forecast, DARK! Gradually getting lighter by morning"

"'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? "

"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."

And maybe the most appropriate:

"I'm always relieved when someone is delivering a eulogy and I realize I'm listening to it."

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
RIP

He had a way of just telling it as it is. he also had a way of saying stuff that deep down someone might be thinking but would never say it out loud.
He is one great comedian

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
I always enjoyed his comedy. Some good college memories getting drunk with friends and laughing our ass off at his routines.

Is a vegetarian permitted to eat animal crackers?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?

Why is the man (or woman) who invests all your money called a broker?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Good funny bit...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Dang. Carlin had a knack for showing Americans how stupid we are and making us laugh about it. And every once in a while, someone would think about what he was saying. He shall be missed.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Carlin was a true classic.
I laughed at him because I agreed with him.
And I laughed at him when I didn't agree with him.
His later bits on "America" are some of the truest words ever spoken.
I will miss him for sure.

Words white people use

Happens to be, Openly

James Brown is openly black.
Colin Powell is not openly black, he is openly white,
he just happens to be black.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
He will be sorely missed. This country needed him (and other like him) to keep us from getting too full of ourselves

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Local tie to Carlin:

Carlin was stationed at Barksdale Air Force Base (Shreveport, La) in the 1950s, serving in the 376th Bomb Wing's 376th Armament and Electronics Maintenance Squadron, and working part-time as a disk jockey at radio station KJOE, whose other staffers included Wolfman Jack.

Exhibiting the rebellious streak that would run through his life, he received three court-martials and numerous disciplinary punishments, according to his official Web site. He received a general discharge in 1957, and 20 years later was able to return to the area to perform at the Municipal Auditorium telling nothing but Barksdale and Shreveport jokes to fill an hour of stage time.

jsm11

Chimp
Jun 17, 2008
I loved his routines.............

Especially the bit about hand washing..............after the restroom.

RIP

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMMIT!! this sucks big time!!! i haven't felt this bad since SRV died.

RIP bud, your one funny mofo.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Truth be told, I think 70 to 75 is a pretty good time to check out.

Like my wife tells me, nice people get cancer, assholes die of heart attacks.

Think I'll stick with being an asshole.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
"The Hippy-Dippy Weatherman"... George Carlin - loved that guy. Broke a lot of new ground in the world of comedy and free-speech.

I imagine he and Richard Pryor are up in heaven trading some good ones.

He will be missed.

Truth be told, I think 70 to 75 is a pretty good time to check out.
Carlin did a TON of coke during the 70's and even admitted to being coked off his a$$ while hosting the very first episode of SNL back in '75. So 71 in Carlin years would be like 198 in normal years... the moral of the story: Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Last edited: