Quantcast

RIP Goblin King. :(

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Also he just did pretty much the ultimate *drops mike*

At age 69 releases a brand new album for us all to enjoy and then in just a few short days steps thru the final airlock and is gone.

Planet earth is Blue. :(

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The first time I heard of David Bowie was on Saturday Night Live were he sang Space Oddity from inside a rocket ship prop.

Without Bowie I may have never heard of Iggy Pop.

RIP

EDIT: My memories are flawed, the visual I remember was SNL in 1979 we're he sang Man Who Sold the World. The performance I was thinking of was at least 3 years prior. Back to google.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Without Bowie I may never heard of Ziggy Stardust..
RIP
Back in the pool party days of the 70s you couldnt escape Ziggy, he was all over the radio, very popular on the FM dial.

Very few people know that Apple got the iPad idea from this 1983 Bowie video made just prior to MTV fucking the world by elevating image over talent.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
He had too many good lyric trails to choose from as eulogies, so I opt for Pete Townshends..."face to face he was funny, clever, well-read, excited by the arts, and really good company."

In the end, I think that is about as good a eulogy as anyone can hope for...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.

The other two arrested were members of Bowie’s entourage, which appeared Saturday night at the Community War Memorial. The two were identified as James Osterberg, Jr., 28, of Ypsilanti, Mich., and Dwain Voughns, 22, of Brooklyn.
Most of the news articles on this incident never mention that James Osterberg is Iggy Pop.

Also... DAMN, seems to be a lot of love in here for Rochester?!? :rofl:
I'm born & raised & still live here and I really don't mind it at all. I've traveled to a lot of places around this country (and the world) and there are a lot worse places to be.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Most of the news articles on this incident never mention that James Osterberg is Iggy Pop.

I'm born & raised & still live here and I really don't mind it at all. I've traveled to a lot of places around this country (and the world) and there are a lot worse places to be.
Shitty weather rustbelt town. Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Erie, Buffalo Rochester. I have been to them all. Toledo is the worst, hands down. Cleveland has some charm. Rochester is probably the nicest but it doesn't say much. Similar to Syracuse but without the ability to drive north.

Whenever I think of those towns my minds eye just sees salt encrusted rusty cars.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

As soon as my Father dies. I am fucking out of here.
Shitty weather rustbelt town. Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Erie, Buffalo Rochester. I have been to them all. Toledo is the worst, hands down. Cleveland has some charm. Rochester is probably the nicest but it doesn't say much. Similar to Syracuse but without the ability to drive north.

Whenever I think of those towns my minds eye just sees salt encrusted rusty cars.
The crime is off the hook here. Taxes are high also. Cold as fuck for 6 months. Rainy all the rest. Schools suck. Duffs just opened up here so we have that. Plenty of good drugs and booze. Wegmans...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As soon as my Father dies. I am fucking out of here.

The crime is off the hook here. Taxes are high also. Cold as fuck for 6 months. Rainy all the rest. Schools suck. Duffs just opened up here so we have that. Plenty of good drugs and booze. Wegmans...
Wegmans and Nick Tahous

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wegmans and Nick Tahous
Nick died 6 years ago. The place hasn't been the same. The food is of much higher quality now. They give you bread instead of making you beg for it. They have security there now too at nights. Its all clean and shit. Very disappointing. Another Icon ruined by Guy Fieri.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nick died 6 years ago. The place hasn't been the same. The food is of much higher quality now. They give you bread instead of making you beg for it. They have security there now too at nights. Its all clean and shit. Very disappointing. Another Icon ruined by Guy Fieri.
Last time I was there the guy taking orders wasn't really taking orders, he was giving them, he told you what you were going to get. And you took it, and were happy about it.

Garbage Plate Nazi.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Last time I was there the guy taking orders wasn't really taking orders, he was giving them, he told you what you were going to get. And you took it, and were happy about it.

Garbage Plate Nazi.
That was probably Nick or Sonnie. Both would get quite pissed off if you held up the line. Now they are all polite and stuff. Place sucks now....

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Even though I respect that Nick Tahou's started the garbage plate, it was never my favorite one in the city. They always way under cooked their home fries.

My favorite places for plates in the ROC are:
Empire Hots
Mark's Texas Hots (on Monroe)
Henrietta Hots/Harbor Hots (owned by the same people)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Even though I respect that Nick Tahou's started the garbage plate, it was never my favorite one in the city. They always way under cooked their home fries.

My favorite places for plates in the ROC are:
Empire Hots
Mark's Texas Hots (on Monroe)
Henrietta Hots/Harbor Hots (owned by the same people)
Marks is my go to place for Hots but their Greek Pita Meal with Mac Salad is the best thing they make.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Guy Fieri is so ubiquitous it doesn't mean shit. He came to town here and did six restaurants, it was like everyone got a participation award.
Yea he was here awhile back. I know this because he happened to hit a food truck we frequent at a local brewery. Who the fuck is this guy and what's up with his hair? He looks like that guy from Sugar Ray.