Quantcast

RIP Jordie Lunn

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Horrible. Jordie was one of the best things in bikes, especially freeride. Feel terrible for his family and the guys that had to see things first hand.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I realize this is gonna sound like BS, but I swear it is true. This morning I ran out of my normal breakfast, and
I was in a hurry so I had to eat a bowl of plain oatmeal with nothing in it.
I looked down at the bowl and said out loud, " Eat your porridge Jordie, just eat your porridge."
Which for some reason is my favorite memory of him from Roam. Then I get to work and see this.
He seemed like an awesome dude. RIP.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
This sucks big time! I was laughing about his contribution in the Cam McCaul slope-duro vid and thought what a fun guy he must be. :cray:

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
I realize this is gonna sound like BS, but I swear it is true. This morning I ran out of my normal breakfast, and
I looked down at the bowl and said out loud, " Eat your porridge Jordie, just eat your porridge."
Which for some reason is my favorite memory of him from Roam. Then I get to work and see this.
"The snake went into his snake hole!" :(

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I was waiting for my kid at the school's door, grabbed my phone, saw this thread and all I could think of was of Cam saying those same words.

Sad, rainy day.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Man I am so sad about this - he was one of my coaches at Summer Gravity Camp in Whistler when I was 15. Such a nice guy, super funny, grew up watching him do awesome shit. RIP

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
that second pic... the Stevie t-shirt, Jordie, and the Bulldog really hammers home a message... not sure what message, but a message nonetheless.

The message is “Enjoy life while you can.”

Its been four months since my accident on the big bike and I still cant jerk off with my right hand.

When I tell people I cant wait to get back on my bike they look at me like theyve seen a ghost.
Its the same look I give them for never leaving the house and complaining about their boring ass lives.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Shit!

I've kinda been lulled into the sense mtb is a pretty safe activity as I've gotten older, no longer race and generally ride a bit more chilled out. That's sobering AF that something like this has happened to a guy with his skills/judgement riding a mellow trail.

Thanks for sharing the details. Gotta be pretty horrible for Berrecloth too. :(

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Shit!

I've kinda been lulled into the sense mtb is a pretty safe activity as I've gotten older, no longer race and generally ride a bit more chilled out. That's sobering AF that something like this has happened to a guy with his skills/judgement riding a mellow trail.

Thanks for sharing the details. Gotta be pretty horrible for Berrecloth too. :(
A mellow trail gap jump for them would probably be like one of us trying to hit the Rampage canyon gap. Still sucks.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
A mellow trail gap jump for them would probably be like one of us trying to hit the Rampage canyon gap. Still sucks.
yeah. this. mellow for that crew is big as hell for 99% of other riders.
i've definitely freaked myself out going mach chicken by myself down sketchy trails in the backcountry. still do it though.
seems like he was a genuinely great guy. sucks.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The message is “Enjoy life while you can.”

Its been four months since my accident on the big bike and I still cant jerk off with my right hand.

When I tell people I cant wait to get back on my bike they look at me like theyve seen a ghost.
Its the same look I give them for never leaving the house and complaining about their boring ass lives.
Jesus dude, what the hell happened? I missed this one.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Jesus dude, what the hell happened? I missed this one.
Crashed my bike on a jump, later I heard I probably landed on a huge rock with my front wheel and took it out of the ground cpmpletely.
Went over the bars head first into the ground where I appearently kept sliding for a good 13ft.

Broke my collarbone, two ribs and had a concussion.
Collarbone wouldnt heal by itself so had to get surgery 7 weeks later, which meant removing a bunch of bone growth and breaking everything into place and holding it there by screwing in a metal plate.

Crash was june 16th and Im going to PT twice a week now. Slowly getting the range of motion back in my arm but still a long way to go.

Wasnt even a huge jump or anything, just got really unlucky.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Get your plat out asap
The screw holes really weaken the bone, will never be strong with the plate.
I had a plate for 10 years, i kept refracturing from stupid things. Could take a spil, feel fine, then a week later pick something up and feel massive flex in the bone, well, you can crack one side of the screw and within a week it will fatigueg the rlbone bone and be cracked all the way through. Pulled the plate out, been rock solid.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Get your plat out asap
I had a plate for 10 years, i kept refracturing from stupid things. Could take a spil, feel fine, then a week later pick something up and feel massive flex in the bone, well, you can crack one side of the screw and within a week it will fatigueg the rlbone bone and be cracked all the way through. Pulled the plate out, been rock solid.
Damn I wanted to keep it in there for cool points but that doesnt sound bueno.
I have an appointment in a few weeks, thanks for the heads up!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Fwiw, I have a small plate with 5 screws in my 5th left metacarpal bone for 17 years now without any issues.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Get your plat out asap
It depends on the placement and size of the plate, as well as number of screws. Was your plate SS or ti?