Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
its his money, his property,
LOL. It's literally not his money or his property. Might want to do a little readin' on how he came up with that money and who has controlling rights over what.

That 'acute businessman' just got himself all the liability and very little of the spoils. He's about as smart as kanye west, but at least kanye threw away is own money on parler. Musk just chucked a bunch of everyone else's money at it....and bears quite a bit of repsonsibility to make that money do what those idiots think money is for.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LOL. It's literally not his money or his property. Might want to do a little readin' on how he came up with that money and who has controlling rights over what.

That 'acute businessman' just got himself all the liability and very little of the spoils. He's about as smart as kanye west, but at least kanye threw away is own money on parler. Musk just chucked a bunch of everyone else's money at it....and bears quite a bit of repsonsibility to make that money do what those idiots think money is for.
Money is for buying weed, right?

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Considering the dude is by far the most wealthy man on the planet even withholding his unknown worth via space x and Starlink the cash avenue is semantics at this point.

I personally see it as no different than buying a product and doing whatever you want with it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I personally see it as no different than buying a product and doing whatever you want with it.
I know. That's not in any way similar.

Do you ask me and Jimmydean for 80% of the purchase price for a motorcycle before you go buy it? With the understanding that when you sell that bike it will at least have appreciated >5%/yr and that we will get more money back when you do? And if you don't, we can sue you?

Does the federal government completely fund your never profitable shop?

Elon Musk does not 'own' all that shit that makes up his astounding valuation/net worth. It's as real as NFTs.

This is not some secret

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

the extra funny thing is - right now he's acting like it was "his" decision to buy twitter, after he flip flopped. twitter sued him to enforce to terms of the contract. which he's now doing, but he's just pretending like he isn't being forced to do so.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
On one hand, I don't give a shit about Twitter, and I will gladly watch it burn (along with all other social media). On the other hand, it seems Twitter will soon be over-run with the same nonsense that (presumably) is found on the likes of Parler, Truth social, etc. Does that leave Facebook as the last moderated short-form (IE, non-forum) social media site? Ridemonkey is as close to social media as I get, so I genuinely don't know.

I'm given to understand that social media may have some positives, but overall it looks to me like it's been a net negative.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
On one hand, I don't give a shit about Twitter, and I will gladly watch it burn (along with all other social media). On the other hand, it seems Twitter will soon be over-run with the same nonsense that (presumably) is found on the likes of Parler, Truth social, etc. Does that leave Facebook as the last moderated short-form (IE, non-forum) social media site? Ridemonkey is as close to social media as I get, so I genuinely don't know.

I'm given to understand that social media may have some positives, but overall it looks to me like it's been a net negative.
I had to look up parler and truth, had no clue

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
gonna be about as relevant as facebook and parler in 8 short months

good thing everyone kept up with trumps account. I have a feeling its about to become active again
let's not forget that twitter didn't have a profitable year until 2019. since going public in 2013, they've lost many far more often than they've been profitable.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
let's not forget that twitter didn't have a profitable year until 2019. since going public in 2013, they've lost many far more often than they've been profitable.
And they just sold to a dude who runs multiple non profitable companies only propped up by govt subsidies :rofl:

Twitter the company is as useless and flawed as any of the others. Just through dumb luck they happened upon a structure that legit, valuable users flocked to. Losing that is the only real tragedy.

Fun fact: 2019 was the first functional year, after the 2018 banning of all the trash following the unite the right mess. A mess largely promoted on twitter in 2017.

And whats elon doing? Taking that shit right back to 2016. Oh the business acumen! :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

RM is *definitely* social media. I'd rather it not burn. The rest of it I'm kind of ambivalent about...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And they just sold to a dude who runs multiple non profitable companies only propped up by govt subsidies :rofl:

Twitter the company is as useless and flawed as any of the others. Just through dumb luck they happened upon a structure that legit, valuable users flocked to. Losing that is the only real tragedy.

Fun fact: 2019 was the first functional year, after the 2018 banning of all the trash following the unite the right mess. A mess largely promoted on twitter in 2017.

And whats elon doing? Taking that shit right back to 2016. Oh the business acumen! :rofl:
just more tech bro BS. he basically had to take what's essentially a HELOC against tesla to buy twatter.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
On one hand, I don't give a shit about Twitter, and I will gladly watch it burn (along with all other social media).
:clapping::clapping::stupid::clapping::clapping:

On the other hand, it seems Twitter will soon be over-run with the same nonsense that (presumably) is found on the likes of Parler, Truth social, etc.
It's already there. If you run across anything political in nature IMO it's nothing but the two "sides" vehemently spewing hatred and talking shit about each other. Straight up brutal personal attacks. I'd be willing to bet that most people on the other two platforms are already on Twitter.

I took a peek on Parler once just to see what it was about. Decided there wasn't enough tinfoil in the world for all the hats needed and deleted my account ASAP. However, IMO what I saw wasn't radically different than some of the crap I've seen on Twitter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's already there. If you run across anything political in nature IMO it's nothing but the two "sides" vehemently spewing hatred and talking shit about each other. Straight up brutal personal attacks. I'd be willing to bet that most people on the other two platforms are already on Twitter.
people are easier to swindle - and therefore more profitable - when they're angry at each other instead of the business bilking them

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:clapping::clapping::stupid::clapping::clapping:

I took a peek on Parler once just to see what it was about. Decided there wasn't enough tinfoil in the world for all the hats needed and deleted my account ASAP. However, IMO what I saw wasn't radically different than some of the crap I've seen on Twitter.
But what youll never see on any of the others are the journalists and activists that ONLY used twitter for very specific reasons. Because only twitter went after the parler types in a meanigful way. Parler itself was literally a direct reaction to the professional racists and fascists losing their accounts on twitter. Parler is 100% right wing as fuck. But twitter is in no way shape or form "left wing" They just wanted future murderers and chronic harassers off the platform.

Its a very false equivalency.

Yeah theres a lot of mundane common shit on twitter because its still generic social media. But it housed pockets and users that no other platform did

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But what youll never see on any of the others are the journalists and activists that ONLY used twitter. Because only twitter went after the parler types in a meanigful way. Parler itself was literally a direct reaction to the professional racists and fascists losing their accounts. Parler is 100% right wing as fuck. But twitter is in no way shape or form "left wing" They just wanted future murderers and chronic harassers off the platform.

Its a very false equivalency.
bUt MaH fReE sPeEcH

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
RM is *definitely* social media. I'd rather it not burn. The rest of it I'm kind of ambivalent about...
I get that forums like Ridemonkey are technically social media, but I would place RM on a completely different level than Twitter, et al. Hell, even comparing Myspace to Facebook seems like an apples to oranges comparison, and they're essentially the same concept, right?

Ultimately, the reality is that many (most?) humans are assholes, and they all shout their bowel stench-drenched views from the social media rooftop. For the record, I would also rather not see Ridemonkey burn. The decent human to asshole ratio seems quite favorable.