Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I don’t know much about corporate structure since I came from the restaurant industry prior to the arts. But if the owner canned half of the kitchen staff overnight then there probably wouldn’t be any dinner service that evening. So will Twitter still be able to function enough to retain “content creators” or will it go the way of MySpace ?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hopefully his $44B purchase will soon be worth the same as MySpace and all those he borrowed money from will come calling.
At least MySpace guy cashed out and from what I've heard, is living a normal quiet retired lifestyle.

I wouldn't be against Captain Elon going down with the ship.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There is a series of editorials in existence the last few days, written by current and newly former tesla advocates. Basically the shit changleen will be saying 9 months from now.

Poor fellas (all fellas) starting to question whether they want to be 'seen' driving a symbol of douchey right wing propaganda masquerading as virtue just to make a profit off of them. Oh my, can you even imagine...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
There is a series of editorials in existence the last few days, written by current and newly former tesla advocates. Basically the shit changleen will be saying 9 months from now.

Poor fellas (all fellas) starting to question whether they want to be 'seen' driving a symbol of douchey right wing propaganda masquerading as virtue just to make a profit off of them. Oh my, can you even imagine...
If you think any of those ideas are novel, @kidwoo, that’s pretty disappointing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If you think any of those ideas are novel, @kidwoo, that’s pretty disappointing.
If I think what ideas are novel?

You mind speaking up? I can't quite hear you over the buzz of progress and the pride of north america.

As a fairly progressive hypocritical greeny tree hugging cunt myself, I don’t like how he conducts himself personally, but actions are significantly more important than words.

I’m trying to think of things that America can be proud of in 2022. All I got is Nasa, Tesla and SpaceX. What else?
I'm not much of an ends justify the means kind of guy when it comes to people with this much power and influence.

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
If I think what ideas are novel?

You mind speaking up? I can't quite hear you over the buzz of progress and the pride of north america.

I'm not much of an ends justify the means kind of guy when it comes to people with this much power and influence.
you just need to man the fuck up and sacrifice yourself and your beliefs for the greater good. progress by consumption. the sooner you realize that buying more plastic is the answer to ALL of our problems, the happier you’ll be. you do want to be happy, don’t you?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I would enjoy seeing twitter fail and Mr Musk lose his shirt. I realize that as an OG I'm not the intended user but I never have felt the need to have a twitter account or follow anyone on any social media platform. I really don't give enough of a shit about other peoples opinions to want to follow them and hang onto their every thought

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I would enjoy seeing twitter fail and Mr Musk lose his shirt. I realize that as an OG I'm not the intended user but I never have felt the need to have a twitter account or follow anyone on any social media platform. I really don't give enough of a shit about other peoples opinions to want to follow them and hang onto their every thought
Twitter is a LinkedIn extension these days, too many people depend on it for their (perceived) career success, which is very unfortunate for the rest of us who don't give a fuck.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Twitter is a LinkedIn extension these days, too many people depend on it for their (perceived) career success, which is very unfortunate for the rest of us who don't give a fuck.
Oh man wait till you find out about a thing called youtube.

These conversations of "I don't need" "I don't see the value in" "I'm too cool for" are pretty short sighted.

I didn't need facebook in 2015-2020 either but it almost overthrew our government.

You also know damn well how much on the ground reporting you post from Ukraine that is entirely on these social media platforms. Stuff you will never know about just watching major so-called news reporting.

What egomaniacs do with these platforms matters. Whether you find them or not is irrelevant because in some way shape or form, they will find you.

They're like 29" wheels. Sure you can just say 'I'm going to ride what I like' but the trails start getting sanitized, bikes cost over 10k now, very little rowdy new mtb terrain gets built anymore. Enduro pants are a thing now. The 29er was the evil within that metastasized whether your ignored it or not. Social media is a 29er.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What egomaniacs do with these platforms matters. Whether you find them or not is irrelevant because in some way shape or form, they will find you.
I think we're in an agreement. There's no escaping Twitter, unfortunately. I only have the worst experience with it, beware private companies owning the fabric of our society. Even worse so when in private hands.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Elon Musk destroyed public transportation in California in order to keep people in cars. He did this alongside Koch industries. Notice how he's pretty vocal about not wanting to completely eliminate fossil fuels? He knows they have a future together in parallel propaganda. Now imagine what he can accomplish with complete control over one of the biggest megaphones and 10 million shitlibs lapping up his electric bullshit because they think they're saving something.

paris.JPG

Anyone who thinks tesla or anything else this asshole touches is some meaningful step towards a sustainable future is a fucking moron.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Remember when you rode dh bikes and smashed rocks and hit jumps and everyone agreed the spandex, heart rate crowd sucked? Because they did

Let's look at those again.

This is "DH"

These are yoga pants

It's exactly like what social media does to your dad once he retires and gets an iphone with newsmax loaded on it.

Just sucks the soul right out through the nostrils. Logic, decency, shame, dignity....all right out the window.

Few truly realize the devastation that 29ers wrought on this once great sport.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You're on borrowed time with that handlebar regardless. With you it's more like hospice care. Just make yourself comfortable. It's all we can do.
i mean, i am part of the old man no spandex crew i guess, although buddy on the right's got 7 years on me. ain't getting any younger...those elderly people units at snowshoe sure are nice.

1667759248968.jpeg

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
My MTB endeavor began in the early 80s and the only 'baggies' I saw were on the hodads riding loaded bikes. First time in Nelson in the 90s I was the guy with Roach knee/shin pads...with lycra bibs. Got laughed at, good times. Canadian fun and I got to light the PR sometimes for my fashion sense

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I wonder how many other imposter accounts are being nuked?
My bet is the vast vast majority are parodying a single dude from a family soaked in blood.