Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
It'd be interesting to see the traffic stats for twitter over the last year on a week by week volume.
There's been a big exodus over the last few months.
I've given up on it and don't bother visiting anymore. Pretty happy with Mastodon right now.
If anyone else is on there, look me up ( @WainuiTrailerTrash@mstdn.social )

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
in all seriousness, i would be 0% surprised that there's some dark right wing cabal pulling the puppet strings on musky here
I've already addressed some of that in this thread. He got a bunch of right wing (even saudis) billionaire cash to squash the one large scale social media platform that had become the default for outing and helping to prosecute fascists, as well as take the place of whatever happened to journalism.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
this thread....bitter teenage girls who can't let go....

social media just led to an attempted gov't overthrow last year. More acutely focusing that fascist message by eliminating dissenting voices on that medium in the largest place they existed is no big deal to you I guess. And the fact that the guy who did it gets billions in american gov't money is no big deal either.

And 10 years from now, you'll be the blank stare wondering how it all happened.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
social media just led to an attempted gov't overthrow last year. More acutely focusing that fascist message by eliminating dissenting voices on that medium in the largest place they existed is no big deal to you I guess. And the fact that the guy who did it gets billions in american gov't money is no big deal either.

And 10 years from now, you'll be the blank stare wondering how it all happened.
maybe the world would be a better place if everyone who think twitter is reality just fucking died...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
maybe the world would be a better place if everyone who think twitter is reality just fucking died...
well, like it or not (or believe it or not) twitter had become one of the primary ways to communicate on the planet. because you don't want to acknowledge that doesn't make it less "reality".