Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Now this deserves a thread. In the hours after musk purchased it, there is fuckery afoot. The kind that has apparently never been seen

I saw that earlier today. Not to mention that china being tesla's biggest market, the weirdo wants to keep them happy. He now has access to all the unencrypted DMs of pretty much every journalist on the planet.

We're talking about a guy who personally canceled some dude's tesla order because he complained about the wait time online.

I actually have a friend who has the gall to repeat this bullshit about his hero elon doing this for free speech. Almost every account I pay attention to who has been involved with outing nazis has dropped their account today because they know what's coming.

That's okay though. Changleen views this guy's companies as the only worthwhile thing in america. So I'm sure this will be awesome and save the world too.

We have kings again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I saw that earlier today. Not to mention that china being tesla's biggest market, the weirdo wants to keep them happy. He now has access to all the unencrypted DMs of pretty much every journalist on the planet.

We're talking about a guy who personally canceled some dude's tesla order because he complained about the wait time online.

I actually have a friend who has the gall to repeat this bullshit about his hero elon doing this for free speech. Almost every account I pay attention to who has been involved with outing nazis has dropped their account today because they know what's coming.

That's okay though. Changleen views this guy's companies as the only worthwhile thing in america. So I'm sure this will be awesome and save the world too.

We have kings again.
Someone on jalopnik pointed out for someone that's a champion of free speech, he sure has a lot of people blocked on twiddle, including automotive journalists

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Twitter is a toxic hellhole. Musk’s apparent mild autism seems like it is going to make it a lot worse because he thinks he believes in ‘absolute free speech’. Lol. We’ll see how that goes. Will donnie be back? Seems like a no for now, but fox and fiends seem to be moving in already.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

We have kings again.
I bet your friend listens to Joe Rogan too

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We’ll see how that goes.
We already know how that goes because we literally have already been there and done that, and twitter served as the main organizing tool at the time. Twitter banning nazis is why they all flocked to facebook.

The fact that you don't even realize that some of the best journalism in the last 8 years has occurred on twitter shows that you haven't been paying attention.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tesla's next OTA update will include an audio feature that will narrate musk's twitter feed every time he tweets. there will be no way to turn it off.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Oh, I get it. You’re salty because you love the twitter reconz and now your most hated flawed human is taking over your special recon place. Did you prefer it when it was owned by the Saudis?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh, I get it. You’re salty because you love the twitter reconz and now your most hated flawed human is taking over your special recon place. Did you prefer it when it was owned by the Saudis?
I don't give a flying fuck about yet another silicon valley investment pipe dream killing itself. But to not recognize that

so
many
worthwhile
journalists
of every ilk

used that platform, regularly, fairly extensively, and that they did this for the very reason of the way that it was structured, and that losing it is leaving a unique and non-rivaled void, is just moronic. It's not my fault you never realized that.

You worship a petty, bitchy little oligarch. There's no ranking of my 'most flawed here', you're just an apologist for the next wave of right wing bullshit because your hero elon dunnit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't give a flying fuck about yet another silicon valley investment pipe dream killing itself. But to not recognize that

so
many
worthwhile
journalists
of every ilk

used that platform, regularly, fairly extensively, and that they did this for the very reason of the way that it was structured, and that losing it is leaving a unique and non-rivaled void, is just moronic. It's not my fault you never realized that.

You worship a petty, bitchy little oligarch. There's no ranking of my 'most flawed here', you're just an apologist.
look at all the information that came out of ukraine, much of it directly form normal citizens, that completely undermined rus's propaganda campaign

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
look at all the information that came out of ukraine, much of it directly form normal citizens, that completely undermined rus's propaganda campaign
And the middle east during the arab spring......and the george floyd protests........and the doctors being sidelined during the pandemic.......

People used that platform because they clamped down on bullshit after unite the right, unlike the other trash like facebook. That's gone now.

I don't shed a single tear for the company. But people used it for something unique and valuable. At least for a while. It's going to take years to build that back up somewhere else. It will happen in some way shape or form but it's not exactly the same thing as fucking instagram losing cred. Twitter is where the journalists were. And now they won't be because ivoryknight1488 won't stop stalking them.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality

so
many
worthwhile
journalists
of every ilk

You worship a petty, bitchy little oligarch. There's no ranking of my 'most flawed here', you're just an apologist for the next wave of right wing bullshit because your hero elon dunnit.
Are you OK? Did you miss your meds this morning? You seem to tilting at some highly imaginary windmills.

Also: Good journalism isn’t out of context imagery and 240 chars.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Don't tell me the guy promoting LSD fueled pyrotechnic battles with his neighbors, as told through a peephole, is not familiar with die antwoord.
Oh quite familiar, just been a decade or so. Only watched 11 minutes.

But I do recall them starting out as an art school performance thing and then morphing into their own characters. Somewhere there are pics of them wearing preppy clothes and posing for some generic white people portraits.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh quite familiar, just been a decade or so. Only watched 11 minutes.

But I do recall them starting out as an art school performance thing and then morphing into their own characters. Somewhere there are pics of them wearing preppy clothes and posing for some generic white people portraits.
I'd be surprised if there's any 'look' you can't find them in.

But they essentially adopted a human as a funny looking prop. Wife beatin, parent pukin', really the sweet home alabama of south africa.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:rofl: And how's that any different than the shit Hollywood and music celeberties do ?
It's not, other than the fact that they built their career on novelty and outside of michael jackson, did something more egregious with an orphan to use as a prop within their primary medium. They didn't get the kid to have as a novelty, they got the kid to USE as a novelty to make money. But I brought it up because JK posted a picture of them and I misunderstood your response to the video I posted.

Last edited: