Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Such a unique take from a white South African.

Reminds of a contractor at work who complained about being discriminated against in S.A. as he showed me pictures of his beach side villa and said racist shit about his pool boy and gardener.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Such a unique take from a white South African.

Reminds of a contractor at work who complained about being discriminated against in S.A. as he showed me pictures of his beach side villa and said racist shit about his pool boy and gardener.
His people have it so hard...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
What an utter piece of shit this man is

8BC5F693-8266-45C9-91FE-B5502A3A7A95.jpeg

1B71736A-CACE-40E8-BEFC-1C3F73044E40.jpeg

F2C0E840-97B3-4A68-8B4A-46CA26746BE3.jpeg

68FA2911-2268-46DD-8078-73F6376BF25D.jpeg

BCB2EC0B-C1EB-4D82-8197-06CBE0805B28.jpeg

19DC4333-F245-46D8-950F-F3965590E5B7.jpeg

My legs were the first to go. When I was 25 years old I started using a wheelchair.

It’s been 20 years since that happened.

In that time the rest of my body has been failing me too. I need help to get in and out of bed and use the toilet
For a long time I thought my arms would remain strong. A doctor told me they would.

But they ended up losing strength. Which, I don’t mind telling you, was hard to accept.

But you okay the cards you are dealt and I’ve managed to create a wonderful life.
My family is the best. I have two kids. I see them every day. I recommend that.

My wife is fantastic. Strong, kind, smart, amazing artist. Couldn't be happier with her.
About nine years ago I started a company called @uenodotco

I worked a lot, it didn't do my body any favors but it's what I felt I needed to do.

The hard work paid off and the company became very successful.
We worked for more or less every big tech company.

We grew fast and made money. I think that's what you are referring to when you say independently wealthy?

That I independently made my money, as opposed to say, inherited an emerald mine.
But after seven years I was tired. Covid was running for longer than the two weeks you said it would.

And my body was also continuing to get weaker.

After looking at many options I decided to sell my company to Twitter.
Financially it wasn't the best decision. My company was making a lot of money and Twitter's offer was lower than any smart valuation would say.

But like you I made a bet on Twitter having a lot more potential than it has had.
I joined at a time when the company was growing fast. You kind of did the opposite.

There was a lot going on. The company had a fair amount of issues, but then again, most bigger companies do.

Or even small companies, like Twitter today.
Anyway, I digress, are you still reading? Or is the bathroom break over?

What was I saying? Ah yes, and then you bought the company and told employees you weren't firing 75% of them. Which you then did.
I wasn't in the first batch. Or the second or third or fourth. I'm not sure which layoff round I was in there were so many of them.

Each one came after you promised the last one was the final one.
During my time at the new Twitter, or 2.0 as you called it, I talked to my manager every week and asked what I should focus on.

And then I proceeded to do those things. Every one of them.
I also contacted HR regularly and asked if my job description was correct or needed updating. I wanted to make sure I was doing what I was supposed to.

They always said they were looking into it but I never got a reply.
And now finally to my fingers, which I know you have great concern for. Thank you for that btw.

I'll tell you what I told them. I'm not able to do manual work (which in this case means typing or using a mouse) for extended periods of time without my hands starting to cramp.
I can however write for an hour or two at a time.

This wasn't a problem in Twitter 1.0 since I was a senior director and my job was mostly to help teams move forward, give them strategic and tactical guidance.
But as I told HR (I'm assuming that's the confidential health information you are sharing) I can't work as a hands on designer for the reasons outlined above.

I'm typing this on my phone btw. It's easier for because I only need to use one finger.
I hope that helps! Let me know if you are going to pay what you owe me?

I think you can afford it?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Looks like Space Karen owes him a whole bunch.

"Halli, a 45 year-old designer, gained nation-wide recognition this year when, after the sale of his tech company Ueno to Twitter, he chose to be paid the sale price as wages. Normally in such large sales, the payment comes in the form of stock or other financial instruments, which categorize the sale as capital gains, meaning it is taxed at a much lower rate. Halli, however, gladly paid the higher tax rate, having spoken publicly on many occasions about the benefits he has received from the Icelandic social system."

So from this and other stuff I have come across it sure looks like Musk is now in breach of the terms of sale.

Gonna collect another lawsuit I'm thinking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like Space Karen owes him a whole bunch.

"Halli, a 45 year-old designer, gained nation-wide recognition this year when, after the sale of his tech company Ueno to Twitter, he chose to be paid the sale price as wages. Normally in such large sales, the payment comes in the form of stock or other financial instruments, which categorize the sale as capital gains, meaning it is taxed at a much lower rate. Halli, however, gladly paid the higher tax rate, having spoken publicly on many occasions about the benefits he has received from the Icelandic social system."

So from this and other stuff I have come across it sure looks like Musk is now in breach of the terms of sale.

Gonna collect another lawsuit I'm thinking.
:popcorn:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

View attachment 190532

View attachment 190528

View attachment 190530

View attachment 190527

View attachment 190529

View attachment 190531

My legs were the first to go. When I was 25 years old I started using a wheelchair.

In that time the rest of my body has been failing me too. I need help to get in and out of bed and use the toilet
For a long time I thought my arms would remain strong. A doctor told me they would.

But they ended up losing strength. Which, I don’t mind telling you, was hard to accept.

But you okay the cards you are dealt and I’ve managed to create a wonderful life.

My wife is fantastic. Strong, kind, smart, amazing artist. Couldn't be happier with her.

I worked a lot, it didn't do my body any favors but it's what I felt I needed to do.

We grew fast and made money. I think that's what you are referring to when you say independently wealthy?

That I independently made my money, as opposed to say, inherited an emerald mine.
But after seven years I was tired. Covid was running for longer than the two weeks you said it would.

Financially it wasn't the best decision. My company was making a lot of money and Twitter's offer was lower than any smart valuation would say.

But like you I made a bet on Twitter having a lot more potential than it has had.
I joined at a time when the company was growing fast. You kind of did the opposite.

There was a lot going on. The company had a fair amount of issues, but then again, most bigger companies do.

What was I saying? Ah yes, and then you bought the company and told employees you weren't firing 75% of them. Which you then did.
I wasn't in the first batch. Or the second or third or fourth. I'm not sure which layoff round I was in there were so many of them.

During my time at the new Twitter, or 2.0 as you called it, I talked to my manager every week and asked what I should focus on.

I also contacted HR regularly and asked if my job description was correct or needed updating. I wanted to make sure I was doing what I was supposed to.

And now finally to my fingers, which I know you have great concern for. Thank you for that btw.

I'll tell you what I told them. I'm not able to do manual work (which in this case means typing or using a mouse) for extended periods of time without my hands starting to cramp.

This wasn't a problem in Twitter 1.0 since I was a senior director and my job was mostly to help teams move forward, give them strategic and tactical guidance.
But as I told HR (I'm assuming that's the confidential health information you are sharing) I can't work as a hands on designer for the reasons outlined above.

I'm typing this on my phone btw. It's easier for because I only need to use one finger.

Sometimes I think bad people should be fed feet first into a wood chipper but other times I just wish they would have to spend the rest of their days working in the food service industry. Elaine Mooseknuckle would definitely not enjoy being a waiter, bus boy or dishwasher. Customers and employees constantly tearing into him for incompetence or just to mess with him all day everyday would be glorious to witness.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Looks like someone got a call from his lawyer. And of course the problem is stuff he was told by his incompetent underlings, not the part where he behaves like the utter shitstain that he is.

72D4561C-4EB3-4BF4-BF52-445CA3A8E7AB.jpeg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

View attachment 190532

View attachment 190528

View attachment 190530

View attachment 190527

View attachment 190529

View attachment 190531

Fucking narcissist with more money than commons sense, a.k.a. how to make it into senior leadership 101.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like someone got a call from his lawyer. And of course the problem is stuff he was told by his incompetent underlings, not the part where he behaves like the utter shitstain that he is.

View attachment 190565
apparently there was also a clause in his employment contract (as a result of him selling his company to twitter - pre leon smuk of course) that if he was terminated he would collect a MASSIVE payout

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
apparently there was also a clause in his employment contract (as a result of him selling his company to twitter - pre leon smuk of course) that if he was terminated he would collect a MASSIVE payout
He’d have to as he was getting the money for the sale of his company via his paycheck, I heard figured of 100m bandied about. I suppose he’s gonna stay and do no real work for real this time, probably preferable to suing Musk and having a lawyer collect a fat chunk of the payout.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

View attachment 190565
This is so cringeworthy and whats wrong with people.

Not that king elon cares, but I am guessing that even if those two worked in the same office, none of this was said face to face.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He’d have to as he was getting the money for the sale of his company via his paycheck, I heard figured of 100m bandied about. I suppose he’s gonna stay and do no real work for real this time, probably preferable to suing Musk and having a lawyer collect a fat chunk of the payout.
that's the kind of payout that could possibly bankrupt twatter :rofl: