Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Temp Agencies should all be burnt to the ground.
We hire temps when we need people temporarily, and that aspect is clearly communicated up front. They typically get paid more and can get hired with fewer qualifications. Much better than hiring someone for a full time job and laying them off 6 months later. But we have a bunch of very specific rules around temp hire mostly to protect the full time employees. Fuck companies that pick up temps for long term abuse or as a means of creating a sub class.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How much would he have to pay you to follow him into the shitter and cover him?

He must be awful afraid that the Saudi's are going to call in their Twitter funding and have him Jamal Khashoggi'd

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
We hire temps when we need people temporarily, and that aspect is clearly communicated up front. They typically get paid more and can get hired with fewer qualifications. Much better than hiring someone for a full time job and laying them off 6 months later. But we have a bunch of very specific rules around temp hire mostly to protect the full time employees. Fuck companies that pick up temps for long term abuse or as a means of creating a sub class.
That is what they were originally for, and for this purpose I agree. However, just about every factory around this area uses Temp agencies and have for years. Getting in full-time is just about impossible. I still think one of the reasons is to kill the unions through full time worker attrition. :tinfoil:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
How much would he have to pay you to follow him into the shitter and cover him?

that sounds like business as usual for huge companies, with CEOs known for sacking hundreds of employees
A friend of mine worked for Chrysler in the Marchione years.
When Marchione would show up at the offices, he would have bodyguards and they would close the entire floor where he was to people not scheduled to meet him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is what they were originally for, and for this purpose I agree. However, just about every factory around this area uses Temp agencies and have for years. Getting in full-time is just about impossible. I still think one of the reasons is to kill the unions through full time worker attrition. :tinfoil:
Yup. Meat packing plants are famous for hiring through scam temp agencies to get around immigration laws and now it is starting to sound like child labor laws. The temp agencies are the ones responsible but they aren't real companies in the first place. When they get busted they fold and the people running them start new ones immediately.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yup. Meat packing plants are famous for hiring through scam temp agencies to get around immigration laws and now it is starting to sound like child labor laws. The temp agencies are the ones responsible but they aren't real companies in the first place. When they get busted they fold and the people running them start new ones immediately.

Temp agency owned by plant managers brother in law - probably.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
wouldn't an inverse startup just be a company running out of money and going out of business?

I mean I appreciate the honesty but because that dipshit said it, his dipshit investors fellators will think he just invented something again and give him more money :rofl:

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Musk claimed this purchase would “accelerate” the creation of an “everything app”that would be named—you guessed it—after the letter X. Such a “super app,” Musk has stated, could resemble something like China’s WeChat, the combination messaging/social networking/payment app that boasts a billion users; Twitter’s functions would play an important role in this megasize app.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If I'm reading that correctly, he's splitting the company from its debt. Which means he can bankrupt the company without losing control of the company. This is my call - he default on all debt, bankrupts X III, loses no assets of the company on the process, then "restarts" the company clear and financially healthy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If I'm reading that correctly, he's splitting the company from its debt. Which means he can bankrupt the company without losing control of the company. This is my call - he default on all debt, bankrupts X III, loses no assets of the company on the process, then "restarts" the company clear and financially healthy.
I figured there was some sort of angle like this to it