Quantcast

RIP Zokes?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
so biz has ended effective immediately?

Tenneco, the parent company for Marzocchi is closing its doors today. A few months ago we first heard they were looking for a buyer of the business as they were looking to transition away from the suspension business. It's apparent that didn't happen and now are discontinuing the business effective immediately. There will be far reaching implications to this event (warranties, sponsorships etc...) that we will have more information on shortly. But here is the initial PR to all their shareholders.
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/breaking-news-marzocchi-closes-doors-2015.html

Trasselkalle

Monkey
Oct 28, 2014
Sweden
Article is all wrong. Inside sources tell me Moto is being shut down. MTB is still alive, no plans to shut it down.
We could always hope. Shutting down is a multi-stage garage sale, after all. It sounds a bit like the old Italian interview a while back, though.

So, on a more constructive note: what spare parts should we all be stocking up on to service our 380s?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I see the dutch coming. They are in Italy the whole year to make holidays anyway.
Making Santa Cruz more freerideable™ and all.
Orange stanchions for the people! Damperside convertible to a bong for 2016!

Last edited:

Trasselkalle

Monkey
Oct 28, 2014
Sweden
Their last tweets (including the irony dripping '...on the Internet so it must be true' one) sound like there is still hope for the MTB side, or at least that they want to maintain public relations until they for sure know what happens. VitalMTB didn't seem to share more than similar speculations, but I hope there is something to the whole 'announced buyer at Eurobike' rumor that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Game plan:

• Raise capital (ie- $3.74) via RM kickstarter campaign. Hopefully Kenan hasn't scared away any dentists in our midst.

• Acquire zoch, and perhaps leathery former pr0n star models.

• Use old Monster lowers and clear acrylic tubes for stanchions.

• Fill fork with various colors of lava lamp media/damping oil.

• ????airbrush leathery pr0n stars????

• Profit

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Game plan:

• Raise capital (ie- $3.74) via RM kickstarter campaign. Hopefully Kenan hasn't scared away any dentists in our midst.

• Acquire zoch, and perhaps leathery former pr0n star models.

• Use old Monster lowers and clear acrylic tubes for stanchions.

• Fill fork with various colors of lava lamp media/damping oil.

• ????airbrush leathery pr0n stars????

• Profit
Your business plan has one missing item: the bong shed/portable bong. Please specify and re-submit for approval.