Quantcast

RIP Zokes?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
According to this article in La Repubblica (Italian, use Google Translate if you want the full story), Tenneco, the motherhouse of Marzocchi, is in severe financial problems and severely thinking about shutting down its motorcycle and bike division there.

I'm not that good at Italian, but apparently this affects the Italian office, so maybe they are moving their whole business overseas to Asia. This would mean the Italian QC flag Tenneco has been waving all this time as a differentiating characteristic would vanish...

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I didn't even realize there are greek companies producing stuff not made from olvies or goat cheese. Italian ones and financial trouble on the other hand is like german people and no sense of humour.
While we are genetically incapable of reaching comedic heights such as this, vee have vays of making you laugh.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
also, i am completely shocked that an italian company is having severe financial difficulty
I am of the opinion that any company, based in a country where the populous decides to sleep in the middle of the day... is not to be fully trusted.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am of the opinion that any company, based in a country where the populus decides to sleep in the middle of the day... is not to be fully trusted.
I too would distrust a place where trees sleep in the middle of the day...

Merriam Webster said:
Definition of POPULUS
: a genus of trees (family Salicaceae) that is native to the northern hemisphere, that has resinous buds, numerous stamens, incised bracts, and elongated stigmas, and that is well known in cultivation — see poplar — compare salix

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I am of the opinion that any company, based in a country where the populus decides to sleep in the middle of the day... is not to be fully trusted.
I know -- my stepfather is from Munich and I have some family in Meisen. Humour is still unknown in eastern german population (in their populus probably too) but the bavarian must have heard of jokes since he is trying to make one. Maybe I'm not drinking enough beer. Though isn't that always the solution?

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
Yes Bos and Ohlins are competitively priced to Zokes...
Why did Zoke fall? if competitively priced.. oh wait, itsnt about an italian company. it is Tenneco..

Lol nope. I didn't even realize there are greek companies producing stuff not made from olvies or goat cheese. Italian ones and financial trouble on the other hand is like german people and no sense of humour.
I was going write "a little Bermudian black hole somewhere in Sicily" but Monarch beat me to it. :p

I think the sense of humor in Poland is much worse compared to Eastern Germany. Rigid square men.. lol

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Why did Zoke fall? if competitively priced.. oh wait, itsnt about an italian company. it is Tenneco..

I was going write "a little Bermudian black hole somewhere in Sicily" but Monarch beat me to it. :p

I think the sense of humor in Poland is much worse compared to Eastern Germany. Rigid square men.. lol
I have no idea what you are talking about in your first post. Seriously you need to start thinking your posts through before writing them since they are getting really hard to understand.

As for polish humor, jest it's mostly dead but still better then east germany. Well unless the whole tracksuit and neo nazis is a one big joke I'm not in on.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Most german would say Munich (or all the bavaria) i not Germany
The division between different lands always baffled me. East germans are not germans, bavarians are not germans, people from Stuttgard aren't germans. Are there any germans? I'm pretty sure not in Berlin so where? I always liked German but I never got it. Even if Bavaria is a bit like a more boring Switzerland (though it is nice looking).

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
The division between different lands always baffled me. East germans are not germans, bavarians are not germans, people from Stuttgard aren't germans. Are there any germans? I'm pretty sure not in Berlin so where? I always liked German but I never got it. Even if Bavaria is a bit like a more boring Switzerland (though it is nice looking).
I don't think the regionalism in Germany is extraordinary and doesn't run contrary to identification with the nation as a whole. The Bavarians take it a little further than others since their history seems more continuous than most German states that are the result of post-war restructuring. Their "free state" status is utterly meaningless though, and they are hardly the Catalonia of Germany.

One thing to keep in mind is that Germany only became a nation state very very late and was made up of hundreds of little states and duchies while other people in Europe were united under one flag, so it has always been poly-centric unlike France for instance.

Back on topic i cannot find any news on the rumors, but it would be such a shame if the company that gave us this ceased to exist.

The word game changer is a little over used these days, but this was certainly one.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I love how murricans still mixup everything...siesta.... italians... I mean they speak a weird language so they must come from the same place!
Don't be overly hasty and scathing about our gun weilding cousins.
Siesta is the commonly know term for the afternoon nap, however, of course it has a different name in the language of the nation who chooses to partake in some unproductive time :)

Even Wikipedia says so, and we all know its the single source of truth always :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siesta