Quantcast

Riping music from a DVD?

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Well i have quite a few biking dvds and the music on the movies is just awesome. I was wondering if there was a program i could get or download to rip the music from the dvd to my harddrive and then onto my ipod. I would love to DJ and snowboard to some of the music in kranked five,nwd6,etc...

I tried a search and came up with nothing...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
yeah, i d like to know how to do this as well... i have a copy of the white stripes 'live under blackpool lights' that i want to play in the car...

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
mac or PC?
for mac theres Audio Hijack, can be found at www.rogueamoeba.com
excellent program, can rip audio from any program, or record streaming audio, or be used to just add an equalizer to any program.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Nero can't do it, at least as far as I could tell.

There are a bunch of free programs on the web that will do it, I downloaded one and it worked fine but it's on my laptop so I don't remember what it was called :p

I think their deal is, you can rip the first 5 minutes of audio from a DVD chapter. If you want more than the first 5 minutes, you have to pay for the program. But if you are just looking to get songs, 5 minutes will work most of the time.

I'm pretty sure I just googled "rip dvd audio"

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Echo said:
Nero can't do it, at least as far as I could tell.

There are a bunch of free programs on the web that will do it, I downloaded one and it worked fine but it's on my laptop so I don't remember what it was called :p

I think their deal is, you can rip the first 5 minutes of audio from a DVD chapter. If you want more than the first 5 minutes, you have to pay for the program. But if you are just looking to get songs, 5 minutes will work most of the time.

I'm pretty sure I just googled "rip dvd audio"
I believe the program you're talking about is DVD Audio Rip by ImToo. I've used it before, and it seemed to work pretty well.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
which DVD's do you wanto to rip...

i have all the soundtracks (bought the CD's) of all the "good songs" on every NWDisorder 1~6 and allmost all the Kranked DVDS 1~5 specially the 4 and 5 ones.....

shoot me, i might have it..

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Where did you get the soundtracks? Im looking for NWD6, Rise, Collective, and Chain Smoke 2.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
well i can help with 2 of em.. i didnt buy the soundtrack, i bought the complete CDs from the respective artists....

sen me a list to check out if i have it.... (by rider section if you want)

i have most of the music of the collective and NWD6