Quantcast

Rise…And Shine…And Give Dog Your Mornin’ Glory

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Welp, been here at work for three hours. Boss is out of town and haven't gotten an email or phone call (glorious!) yet. Time to FTS and go work from home.*

* by work from home I mean log into my email, then go play with the puppy for a few hours.

Still not sure I am totally warm after riding with Westy yesterday. So that's @Westy and @Atomic Dog who have come out for a tour of the home front so far. Good stuff!
I need to get back over there and try riding your trails again one of these days. Bikeys have been hanging on the garage wall far too long, they are sad.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Needs:
- Flooring
- Paint
- Sliding doors
- Exterior trim
- Deck
- Bathroom renovation, well, at least a new tub

Wants:
- Furnace (still kicking, but its a 30 year old oil burner, so it could go another 10 years or die tomorrow)
- Fence
- Windows

$440K. So, close. Not sure we've seen anything sub-400K in a while, and everything thats been cheaper has been horrific.

At least this place has a lot of conservation land, trails, and a good kayaking river closeby?
Groton?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Camping World is booked out for service into February...

So I guess that's batting .500 and trying to find somewhere else to solve our counter top burners not staying lit when you release the knob...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah, just a two burner stovetop in our truck bed camper. Lights fine, but won't stay lit on either burner when you release their knob. Which sounds thermocouple/flame safeguard related from my limited understanding of such things.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yeah, just a two burner stovetop in our truck bed camper. Lights fine, but won't stay lit on either burner when you release their knob. Which sounds thermocouple related from my limited understanding of such things.
pull the burners and TC, blow out with compressed air, re-instal and test. If that doesnt work just buy a replacement burner and TC, usually about 20-30 bucks each on the amazonz, if still have some issues try dry lube on the back of the knob valves, or replace those as well

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley has decided that she wants to try racing in the kart league. So, more karting next few weekends. First race Dec 7th. :thumb:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Haley has decided that she wants to try racing in the kart league. So, more karting next few weekends. First race Dec 7th. :thumb:

When my kiddo was racing I used my action cams and FPV drones to help build her highlight reel for sponsors and stuff. The insta 360 one R is a great cam to be able to get all the action with. Once I taught her to film and edit she was off to the races.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When my kiddo was racing I used my action cams and FPV drones to help build her highlight reel for sponsors and stuff. The insta 360 one R is a great cam to be able to get all the action with. Once I taught her to film and edit she was off to the races.
I don't think she's there by a far distance.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Tragedy struck this morning while making my second cup off coffee! My 20 year old stainless moka pot finally fell apart.

Currently looking for a non-chinese made stainless moka pot. Kind of crazy how hard they are to find and/or confirm manufacture location. I did find this, which is so overkill for me, but also oddly tempting. :kindofwantgif:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Did a test today, which said I am negative. I guess Bill Gates' chip works and I dodged this bullet. :weee:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tragedy struck this morning while making my second cup off coffee! My 20 year old stainless moka pot finally fell apart.

Currently looking for a non-chinese made stainless moka pot. Kind of crazy how hard they are to find and/or confirm manufacture location. I did find this, which is so overkill for me, but also oddly tempting. :kindofwantgif:

i've heard good things about this model, although i don't have any direct experience myself.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
people rush to get the vaccine and then they don't trust it. wtf did you get it for then you fucking idiots...
Fucking idiots understand that it is an additional layer of protection besides other measures. And they also know that a ton of really intelligent people want to do their own research before committing to these 5G chips and in the meantime expose other people to high virus particle loads.

Like the German secretary of health said: by the end of this winter, you are either vaccinated, have recovered from Covid or are dead.

BTW: You have this bulletproof vest on? If it works, why do you try to get out of the line of fire then? ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I agree with you... <sortofwant.gif>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh, first bullshit snowy drive home of the season. Nothing like doing 20 on the freeway out in the middle of farm country.

Fucking idiots understand that it is an additional layer of protection besides other measures.
that sounds like the people that trust it. not the ones who don't trust it and are vaccinated and still hide in their basements...

BTW: You have this bulletproof vest on? If it works, why do you try to get out of the line of fire then? ;)
because your aim sucks and you might hit my head...

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I’m gonna interrupt the cawfeetawk to say that Volcanoes with active lava flows are neato. I can see why there really isn’t much MTB action in Hawaii, for the most part, the terrain is simply unsuitable. But the road biking on the Big Island is insanely good (but limited, and very windy).

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've often thought about getting an espresso maker, maybe this year.

Edit. I'm usually good for 2-3 cups a day. Is there a quality option that brews, and makes espresso?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Says the guy with electric fuses for his furnace.
I actually read up on those fuses They are designed to work on electric motors that have a high initial start up draw then drop the load as they get up and running. They have a built in delay on tripping to account for the initial overload. If the overload remains for an extended timeframe they blow protecting the machinery. The fuse is between the main panel and the furnace

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
that sounds like the people that trust it. not the ones who don't trust it and are vaccinated and still hide in their basements...
Avoiding large crowds =/= hiding in the basement!
BTW: in Germany the contact trace app people are using to get notified if one of their contacts has tested positive shows that approx. 50% of all contacts happen in clubs, 15% in bars and an additional 10% in restaurants.
If there only would be an easy way to avoid 75% of all potential contacts to Covid-positive people.... ;)

because your aim sucks and you might hit my head...
See, same reason.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I actually read up on those fuses They are designed to work on electric motors that have a high initial start up draw then drop the load as they get up and running. They have a built in delay on tripping to account for the initial overload. If the overload remains for an extended timeframe they blow protecting the machinery. The fuse is between the main panel and the furnace
Did you have to blow a thick layer of dust off in order to read that?