Quantcast

@$$Rise And Shine, Daisies$$@

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Oh warm delicious coffee how tasty you are.

Parts for squishy bike will be arriving today. Parts for hardtail arrived yesterday. So my bikes shall receive some much deserved attention.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Light dusting of snow, but cold as fuck out right now. Got notification that mtge refi is in final stages after having applied in January. Come on! Lock this bad boy in a 2.5% fixed!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. Pfizer shot #2 yesterday is working its magic on me this morning. I got no energy, man...physically or mentally. None. And my arm is sore as hell. No feelings of illness though. I will take a day off from swim/bike/run today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mama needs a new ______________ !
couple hundred dollars in savings!

I'm fucking done with this work shit. I want to be done as soon as possible and that means saving my ass off to make it happen. Yes we're spending a lot of money now, but that has largely been insurance money, so yeah. Actually, thinking about it, less the Subaru, it's all been insurance money.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
elder / OG cat has seemed sick last few days, last evening he seemed to take a turn for the worse. called vet, they are super booked up (ironically he was at the vet monday AM, but his condition has worsened since then). wife is currently en route to emergency vet with him. monday he threw up twice (morning & midnight), both times food. yesterday afternoon he threw up water, and again in the evening. gave him some water via syringe last night which he took, but this morning he did not, and has been very lethargic, even by cat standards.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
elder / OG cat has seemed sick last few days, last evening he seemed to take a turn for the worse. called vet, they are super booked up (ironically he was at the vet monday AM, but his condition has worsened since then). wife is currently en route to emergency vet with him. monday he threw up twice (morning & midnight), both times food. yesterday afternoon he threw up water, and again in the evening. gave him some water via syringe last night which he took, but this morning he did not, and has been very lethargic, even by cat standards.
fuck. things aren't sounding good. at the very least they sound expensive. :(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@I Are Baboon - " I got no energy, man...physically or mentally. ' that's how I felt for about 7-8 months last year. :(

@jonKranked - good vibes for the kitty.

@Sandwich - Fuck it Friday is 124% appropriate on a Wednesday, I checked the rules.

Tons of work today, then wrenching on bikes.
thanks bro.

hoping I can polish a few turds at work then fuck off and work on my bike. Maybe gain a little sanity back.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I feel terrible for my neighbors. They lost a baby a few months ago, and now their 7 year old dog is dying, and probably needs to be put down.
wifey went over with a bottle of wine last night and hung out.
the only thing that I am conflicted about is that the dog actually bit me a few years back, and barks nonstop.
The lord works in mysterious ways, I reckon’.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Sorry about your elder kitty, Jon.

I am not working today. Not biking or skiing, either. Gloomy, cold weather. Shall Peloton, hop on zoom for a section meeting this afternoon, and perhaps review a few papers sitting in my queue. Already acquired shoku pan and kare pan this morning to the kids' delight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear about the kitty @jonKranked , sending healing vibes.

I moved my first vaccination up by 10 days to Monday. Work is bonkers. On a positive note, SC asked me to give them my CC details so I should be seeing the new frame in the foreseeable future. I need a ride without breaking the chain today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Lesson learned, always keep two relevant MTBs running at any given time.

Now to bleed some brakes so the hardtail will be that bike for me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also important to have good compatibility between the two
I've named my hardtail The Anachronist. Right now it's a Transition Trans-Am (NOS 2010)setup as 9 speed, straight 1 1/8" steerer, 20mm front axle, 9x135mm rear, and a Gravity Dropper post, all on 26" wheels. Pretty much every outdated standard you can imagine. It's glorious in its own way.

It's actually pretty fun to ride, so long as you don't need to do so with any real speed. Otherwise it'll beat you up through the chunk and on bigger drops. :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've named my hardtail The Anachronist. Right now it's a Transition Trans-Am (NOS 2010)setup as 9 speed, straight 1 1/8" steerer, 20mm front axle, 9x135mm rear, and a Gravity Dropper post, all on 26" wheels. Pretty much every outdated standard you can imagine. It's glorious in its own way.

It's actually pretty fun to ride, so long as you don't need to do so with any real speed. Otherwise it'll beat you up through the chunk and on bigger drops. :rofl:
How long is the stem on that thing?