Quantcast

Risse or Go-Ride 888 crowns

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
369
0
Rocktown, VA
What is the difference between the 888 lowrider crowns, besides price? Is one stronger than the other? Does anyone have any ride time on both crowns?
 

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
3,030
61
Vancouver
BUCKET said:
What is the difference between the 888 lowrider crowns, besides price? Is one stronger than the other? Does anyone have any ride time on both crowns?
Dude, before you get nasty replies...try a search. I know I've seen this covered before.
 

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
5,101
0
Sand, CA
risse are cheapest. go-rides are nicest. and the marzocchi ones keep your warrenty.
though the go-rides' with their stem is the lowest stack height you're going to get.
the risse can come in gold...
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
I would spend the money on the go-rides myself. Marzocchi if you're worried about warranty. Fork crowns are pretty critical; it's worth it to buy the high quality ones for peace of mind.

Not a big fan of risse...
 

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
22,495
2,170
In my pants
The really important thing to consider here is that there are two consectutive misfit avitars in this thread......in what.......2005?......Let's see coldplay beat that shizzle.

oh yeah

go ride

The other two contact the arch on the lowers.
 

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
369
0
Rocktown, VA
ChrisRobin said:
Dude, before you get nasty replies...try a search. I know I've seen this covered before.
Yes - I was sure that it had already been covered too.

I did do a simple search for 888 crowns, but didn't really see anything in the thread starter column that looked like what I was looking for, and sorry but I didn't really feel like looking through a bunch of posts to find the info if it was there.
 

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
3,030
61
Vancouver
BUCKET said:
Yes - I was sure that it had already been covered too.

I did do a simple search for 888 crowns, but didn't really see anything in the thread starter column that looked like what I was looking for, and sorry but I didn't really feel like looking through a bunch of posts to find the info if it was there.
Hey that's cool...no problem...just wanted to get you to brace for the impact! ;)

You'll probably read that the Risse lower crown was pretty thin where the steerer tube would be clamped but from what I've read in the past, they addressed that issue.
 

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
1,566
0
Los Angeles
I would probably say get the Marz crowns. The new ones are very nice. However, I have the second generation Risse crowns. Got the set for $100 bucks. Money well spent.
 

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
825
0
ohio said:
Not a big fan of risse...
I've had to deal with Risse a few times over the last year, about getting some custom shocks, things like that. The service has been awesome, as has the product.

Their 888 crowns work gret, especially for the price. You do need to run them about 3-4 mm about the minimum line though, otherwise the will touch the arch when the fork bottoms.