Quantcast

Ritchey Bike Suitcase?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'd call Richey.

(I just looked at the QBP catolgue, but it dosn't look like they even carry those Richey bikes anymore, much less the bags for them.)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have some connections at Ritchey (and I live 15 minutes away). If you want, drop me a line and I will run it down for you.

A standard roadie frame won't fit in it, but a dualie will if you remove the swingarm and fold the bits together.

The idea's to get the Heckler to Hawai'i and back on the cheap in March. Airlines charge extra for a standard hard case.

The Ritchey suitcase is a gamble - it's 65-3/4" L + W + H; United has 62 max. Visually it doesn't look that big, it's a pretty ordinary black nylon suitcase with trailing wheels.

Might bring the wheels and clothing in a Ritchey case and frame, fork and other bike gear in one of my plywood wonders.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
A standard roadie frame won't fit in it, but a dualie will if you remove the swingarm and fold the bits together.

The idea's to get the Heckler to Hawai'i and back on the cheap in March. Airlines charge extra for a standard hard case.

The Ritchey suitcase is a gamble - it's 65-3/4" L + W + H; United has 62 max. Visually it doesn't look that big, it's a pretty ordinary black nylon suitcase with trailing wheels.

Might bring the wheels and clothing in a Ritchey case and frame, fork and other bike gear in one of my plywood wonders.
I saw an article somewhere where a guy got very creative to avoid paying the bike fee for his steed. He put the wheels in a drum case, the front triangle in a large suitcase, and the fork/ rear triangle/ bar-stem- control assembly in another.