Quantcast

Rivanna trail race/ride

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
hey cville xc riders,(or anyone else)
i thought i would be sweet if we schedualed a ride or race-i dont care-where we ride the whole rivanna trail. ive ridden alot of it and the trails are pretty sweet. i think its about 25mi long, and mostly flat. ive got some maps of it and the trail is part of the trail at o-hill that runs along 250. so, anyone interested?
Daniel

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Hmmppfff Hmmppfff, I think I would rather ride my bike in the snow than ride the whole Riveghetto trail. That and I'm to lazy to ride 25 miles in 1 day.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
With all of the grade A single track this area has to offer, why do the Rivanna?

I'd be happy to do a 25+ mile race for fun, but we should pick out somewhere a little more challenging and without a slough of bum turds littering the trails.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
dude i rode o-hill EVERY SINGLE DAY-no joke- in the spring, and like a million times before that. not to mention riding at walnut creek for hours on end. Ive been out on some solid trail systems. the only reason the rivanna would suck is that it leads out on roads and you have to wander around to find the trail head again...and that bitch lady with the razor wire.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
O-Hill and Walnut are great and all, but they are more or less just "in-town" places to ride. You need to get out to George Washington National Forrest for some real MTB action. You should come along on one of our next long rides out there. We typically do 25-35 miles or so a day, probably increase the mileage as the cooler fall weather sets in and we can keep going a bit longer.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
well ive been to the GWNF area but only for some DH

That's right, you went to Reddish. That trail is 1/10,000th of the trail system out that way. This is the location of the SM100 (shenandoah Mountain 100 miler) endurance race this weekend. The trails this race networks through are absolutely awesome. You gotta check out one of the rides with us. Lot's of long steep climbs, with awesome downhill sections to reward. You earn every mile of downhill though, that is for sure.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
what about douthat? my friend said those trails were awsome
Douthat is good, but I really don't think it is any better imho. No where near as many miles and options. It is definitely a great place to visit a few times though! GWNF has some of the most pristine single track I have ever seen. I actually like it better than the best trails I use to ride in Crested Butte, CO.

Also, Douthat is a further drive, so GWNF is much more convenient to us.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Ok I will make a deal, If there is some type of..reason I would want to come I'd be happy to ride. You know, like free food, hot girls, guys not wearing spandex and riding.

BANANNA:banana: :banana:
****THREAD DERAILMENT DON"T READ!!!

****My birthday is wed. I will be sitting happily home enjoying the fact that I'm not celebrating I'll be 16, but the fact I'm 16 and have to get a job and have even MORE responsibility. Why do we even have birthdays? Really think about it, who wants to celebrate having more responsibility? So actually you know what, I'm not having a birthday this year. After september 6th I will still be 15, and it will stay this was for awhile.****

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
music on my play list right now, 311(getting boring), incubus, sublime, the shins, the lips, grateful dead, pink floyd, bedouin soundclash, toubab krewe, ziggy marley, ben harper, citizen cope, G love, very little WEEN, the pixies, radiohead, a tribe called quest, and slightly stoopid:happydance:

Looks like i gotta post it!!!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Alright, that G Love and Incubus needs to be permanently deleted from your hard drive.

Add more Ween in their place.

That's cool you know about Toubab

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Alright, that G Love and Incubus needs to be permanently deleted from your hard drive.

Add more Ween in their place.

That's cool you know about Toubab
DAMN RICH, ok so you win the older than bryan cool person award. Toubab is awesome! I listen to them when I ride, when do I ride again? and when I'm just chillen. G love is alright, I can think of more songs I hate than like. Incubus will always be on my playlist, I've listened to them since I was 10. A person that knows about Toubab knows about the Floyd fest, did you go?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
DAMN RICH, ok so you win the older than bryan cool person award. Toubab is awesome! I listen to them when I ride, when do I ride again? and when I'm just chillen. G love is alright, I can think of more songs I hate than like. Incubus will always be on my playlist, I've listened to them since I was 10. A person that knows about Toubab knows about the Floyd fest, did you go?
I was definitely at FloyFest this year. One of the guys from Toubab is an old roomie of mine from college though. I use to live down in western NC.

Oh yeah, I hope you caught Avett Brothers at Floyd.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Dude thats insane, those guys are great. Did'nt almost all of them go over to Africa to study the music? You know how in some songs they have the instrument that sounds like a duck being strangled...I seriously want to tell them to take it out. So your listening to great music and a freaking dead duck comes out and starts making dead duck noises. WTF is up with that?:brow:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Dude thats insane, those guys are great. Did'nt almost all of them go over to Africa to study the music? You know how in some songs they have the instrument that sounds like a duck being strangled...I seriously want to tell them to take it out. So your listening to great music and a freaking dead duck comes out and starts making dead duck noises. WTF is up with that?:brow:
Haha, that is the sampler you are hearing. I don't like it much either, their timing with it is just a little off.

What all did you catch at Floydfest? The highlights for me were Akoya Afrobeat late night, Toubab, Avett Bros., Railroad Earth, Drew Emmitt & Tim O'brien and Garaj Mahal.

I go to way too many fest, so these are all I've heard many times over, but the Floydfest sets were particularly smokin'!

*EDIT: Oh, and WTF is up with Sound Tribe opening for G-Love at the pavillion? Sound Tribe is way left field for G-Love and light years beyond them musically. If you like Toubab, you will LOVE sound tribe sector 9!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Consider the thread saved. I mean damn, the thread was about biking the rivanna trail.

j/k :biggrin:

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
haha floyed fest?

how about banaroo... yeah it was rad.

im listening to radio freq, dead prez.

Radio head is amazing live.

311 and incubus deserve to burn and so does sublime.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
LMAO this thread is in no shape to go back to riding the RiveGhetto trail. Man I hate to say it but I did not even make it to the fest this year. I almost went to bonnaroo, did not go to that either. Ticket prices for all these places are crazy, next year I plan on going to Bonnaroo and Floyd. My friend did get in a high quality recorder and recorded some of everything. Avett Bros, Drew emmit, William Walter, and of course Toubab are the ones who stuck out. Toubab was at Bonnaroo and I heard they rocked it. Sun dried possom sounded like a ran over possom lol.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Went to the first 'roo's, but after that they kind of went downhill. This years line-up was sweet though. Would like to have caught Radiohead again this year.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Went to the first 'roo's, but after that they kind of went downhill. This years line-up was sweet though. Would like to have caught Radiohead again this year.
Have you heard about Bedouin Soundclash, their alright I geuss. They are playing in Farmville on Oct. 7th, I'm pretty hyped about that. Where the hell is Farmville anyway?, North, South, East, West??? Someone told me about half way to richmond and down, but I'm not sure they were positive.