Quantcast

Riverwest 24 pics

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Our neighborhood holds a 24 hour race every year and this year we finally got to register & race! It is the only race of this type in the country basiccally it is an open course 4.5 miles if you take the 'suggested route' all through the city with 4 checkpoints & bonus checkpoints every hour.

Our team (L & me). Yes we were #69. :thumb:

starting line.

Brewery checkpoint.

Energy drank.

Bunch of sweaty folks.

Start/Finish Line

Starting line.

I rode on a dualy & people were like "that is so HC!" I just laughed & told them "I am so softcore!" cuz I am. there was only 2 other mountain bikes racing but tons of fixies.

Fun times.:thumb:

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sweet !

looks like fun

when you say Suggested route , please eloborate
There were 4 checkpoints & you could get to them any way you wanted. But if you stayed on the suggested route the course had traffic looker-outers & the neighbors in the hood put out sprinklers, gave out water & lemonade & beer & grilled brats & stuff for the racers, so that was cool. The suggested route had some brutal hills but we used a different route that flattened them out by going a little out of the way.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
we finished! ;)
we live right off the route so that made it easy for us to come home & eat, sleep, poop, etc... which affected our number of laps of course.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Very cool, how long has that been going on? I moved from Milwaukee to Denver 5 years ago.

I used to mt bike on the River Trail every week, I even hit it up when I'm back in WI visiting friends.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yes, it was hipster central. Yes, I only took pics using my instagram ap.
Will I apologize...fvck no. :D

you dudes should mellow out, you cranky fuks. :rofl:

EDIT- I was hoping for more creative jabs. those were all pretty lame & didnt once make me LOL.

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ithnu- This was the 3rd year. You could have easily incorporated the river trail in the route but it would have been a little bit out of the way & once you get down on the river the only place you can go to get away from the river is up.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
3rd year, so I never missed one then.

Hipsters can go screw themselves, this looked like fun and I would have done it anyway:D If you folks skip something because too many of them are present you're letting them win.

I wish flying with a bike was more reasonable, I'll be back in Milwaukee September 8-12. Coming from Denver I'd take my high altitude lungs along with my DH bike. That would confuse people on the River Trail.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
3rd year, so I never missed one then.

Hipsters can go screw themselves, this looked like fun and I would have done it anyway:D If you folks skip something because too many of them are present you're letting them win.

I wish flying with a bike was more reasonable, I'll be back in Milwaukee September 8-12. Coming from Denver I'd take my high altitude lungs along with my DH bike. That would confuse people on the River Trail.
drop me a line. we got plenty of bikes...if ya cant fit on a MTB I know we can find you a good pub bike. :thumb:

There were some confused hipsters staring at my spoke card, in the wheel of my mtb. ....and whatever. I dont care what you're in to anyway. No matter how dumb. I am sure people thought my bike & lack of 'style' was dumb.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
drop me a line. we got plenty of bikes...if ya cant fit on a MTB I know we can find you a good pub bike. :thumb:

There were some confused hipsters staring at my spoke card, in the wheel of my mtb. ....and whatever. I dont care what you're in to anyway. No matter how dumb. I am sure people thought my bike & lack of 'style' was dumb.
Actually one of my boys in Milwaukee works at Hayes so he usually grabs me a loaner from them, but not as cool as a Demo 8 on a flat trail in the midwest.

Thanks for the offer though and if you want to ride we're probably going to do the River Trail that Thursday or Friday afternoon and grab a burger/beer on the East Side afterwards.