Quantcast

RM Blizzard frame questions

I'm currently riding an 03 trek 4300, its a tank and is a pretty harsh ride w/ the pilot fork not helping out too much but it has served me well. The only thing on it ive had to replace is the wheel set which is now xt disc hubs w/ rhino lite rims.

an opportunity has come up in which i could get a ~3 yr old 19" Rocky Mountain blizzard frame for 200 bucks. I've heard that there is a definate difference in the ride of steel frames and am really curious about it. Considering i'd be moving all the parts from the trek over and hopefully slowly upgrading from there, starting w/ the fork, would this be a good investment? How durable are these frames and what kind of lifetime can I expect out of it? What kind of weight loss or gain can i expect from the frame change? I had been thinking about going FS, but I love not having to worry a lot about my bike and just being able to go out and ride the crap out of it w/ out adjusting all kinds of air pressures and settings. Basically i'm just looking for any input about this frame or steel frames in general.

thanks in advance

Huph

Chimp
May 15, 2005
Out on the trail
Yes, steel bikes give a more comfortable ride than Alluminum and should also last longer

The Blizzard is a brilliant bike. I know two people who ride then. One has been referbished / repainted a number of times and is still a dearly loved bike.