Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another guy...

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Quick, un-scientific poll. If the election was today, who, between the presumptive candidates and an unknown independant, would you vote for.
No pontificating, just post who would/will get your vote.

Me? Obama

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's either going to be a black guy or white guy....still not sure.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I've always thought the elected pres shouldn't be able to pick a VP, it should go to the guy with the 2nd most votes. (3rd would get Secretary of State)

That would change everything.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Given the mentality that "the choice not to choose is every bit as participatory as is the choice to choose," is there a legitimate case for not voting this time around if you are beyond fed up, don't like the mantra of "lesser of two evils and have no faith in the system at all?

...aside from pissing in the faces of those who fought for this right of course.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Given the mentality that "the choice not to choose is every bit as participatory as is the choice to choose," is there a legitimate case for not voting this time around if you are beyond fed up, don't like the mantra of "lesser of two evils and have no faith in the system at all?
Not really.

Because the choice to not choose has all the participatory legitimacy of a 4 year old's tantrum and being 'fed up with the system' and removing yourself is exactly what caused 'the system'.

The 'lesser of two evils' is a childish way to feign real understanding. Perfection is for people who believe in angels. If you can't tell the difference between the two choices, you're not more informed, you're deliberately obtuse. Be an adult and accept the reality that no one running is 100% you.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not really.

Because the choice to not choose has all the participatory legitimacy of a 4 year old's tantrum and being 'fed up with the system' and removing yourself is exactly what caused 'the system'.

The 'lesser of two evils' is a childish way to feign real understanding. Perfection is for people who believe in angels. If you can't tell the difference between the two choices, you're not more informed, you're deliberately obtuse. Be an adult and accept the reality that no one running is 100% you.
Quoted for truth and posterity. Rep given.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm not voting in this RM poll until it reflects the vagaries of the electoral college system. Almost all of your votes don't matter a whit, ya know. The 'squeeb may be an exception, and perhaps there are FL and OH monkies as well, but NY and CA aren't in play.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm not voting in this RM poll until it reflects the vagaries of the electoral college system. Almost all of your votes don't matter a whit, ya know. The 'squeeb may be an exception, and perhaps there are FL and OH monkies as well, but NY and CA aren't in play.
My vote gets nullified by $tinkle though.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
My vote gets nullified by $tinkle though.
booyah!

if elected, in his first official act, romney should extend an olive branch & have himself baptized for obama's dead father in the reflection pool, right where forest gump chased after jenny

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nc?

we have to worry about the blacks who hate gays from stealing the election from barry.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I just can't vote for Obama with the way he's continued to erode our rights. I can let some stuff slide, but I won't tolerate those who sh!t on the constitution.

edit: And there ain't no ****ing way I'd vote for scumbag Romney.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'd like to hear more about these rights he continues erode - please specify.

I just can't vote for Obama with the way he's continued to erode our rights. I can let some stuff slide, but I won't tolerate those who sh!t on the constitution.

edit: And there ain't no ****ing way I'd vote for scumbag Romney.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

...aside from pissing in the faces of those who fought for this right of course.
I'll echo Kidwoo, but have you worked towards change at your local level? Voted in primaries, supported candidates in House races that represent your views, campaigned for them, knocked on doors advocating him/her? Have you worked to influence your state party's platform, and to recruit more people whose values are closer to yours?

A portion of my support for Obama is to keep nutjobs like Bachmann as far away from the reigns of power as possible. If Republicans in Congress weren't utter psychopaths, and if Romney was his '02 moderate version as opposed to his "out teabag the teabaggers" '12 version, it might be a different story.

If you don't vote, you don't get to complain when the winner does stuff that you don't like. Period.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I typically vote locally and I have voted for president all of the times I was eligible Im just raising the question: does my vote matter at all at the higher levels anymore? And if not, why the hell vote? Sure, voting one way or the other is a noble expression of opinion, but at this point, haven't we lost touch of all of that given how the electoral system works? Also given the fact that im not registered to vote in a swing state I feel like its more effective to place my vote by supporting the corporations that support the candidate I would rather see in office. Which goes back to the "understanding" my current understanding of all of this is that EVERYONE SUCKS! I'm not just saying that purely based on emotion, I say that because it seems that all of our leaders continue to ignore the immutable laws of math, and if this current extend and pretend track continues, forces way higher than a single man or congress will correct our society for us (global markets).

This is not a plea for acceptance to be lazy. I just don't see the logic in wasting my time in this election season and wanted to raise the question to see if I am alone. Also, given the maturity of our candidates, the "legitimacy of a 4 year old's tantrum" may just be inline.

/contrarian.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I'll echo Kidwoo, but have you worked towards change at your local level? Voted in primaries, supported candidates in House races that represent your views, campaigned for them, knocked on doors advocating him/her? Have you worked to influence your state party's platform, and to recruit more people whose values are closer to yours?

A portion of my support for Obama is to keep nutjobs like Bachmann as far away from the reigns of power as possible. If Republicans in Congress weren't utter psychopaths, and if Romney was his '02 moderate version as opposed to his "out teabag the teabaggers" '12 version, it might be a different story.

If you don't vote, you don't get to complain when the winner does stuff that you don't like. Period.
Most of my participation has been with the state and country governments, mainly for education and bike related stuff at that.

...So if I do vote, and something doesn't go my way, I get to complain here on the internetz right? I just want to make sure that there is something for me rather than adoption to change, responsibility, and possibly hope.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well, here's the dealio - you are not special or unique nor do you the ability to influence an election through your single vote, it takes yours millions of likeminded individual votes to make an impact. In order to validate your vote you must respect the agragate and live with the outcome.

I typically vote locally and I have voted for president all of the times I was eligible Im just raising the question: does my vote matter at all at the higher levels anymore? And if not, why the hell vote? Sure, voting one way or the other is a noble expression of opinion, but at this point, haven't we lost touch of all of that given how the electoral system works? Also given the fact that im not registered to vote in a swing state I feel like its more effective to place my vote by supporting the corporations that support the candidate I would rather see in office. Which goes back to the "understanding" my current understanding of all of this is that EVERYONE SUCKS! I'm not just saying that purely based on emotion, I say that because it seems that all of our leaders continue to ignore the immutable laws of math, and if this current extend and pretend track continues, forces way higher than a single man or congress will correct our society for us (global markets).

This is not a plea for acceptance to be lazy. I just don't see the logic in wasting my time in this election season and wanted to raise the question to see if I am alone. Also, given the maturity of our candidates, the "legitimacy of a 4 year old's tantrum" may just be inline.

/contrarian.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Last I checked Americans never had the "right" to take up arms against this country without the possibility of getting killed without due process...
well then, you need to check again with uncle ted, possibly tonight on hannity (guest hosted by chuck "balls deep" norris)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've always thought the elected pres shouldn't be able to pick a VP, it should go to the guy with the 2nd most votes. (3rd would get Secretary of State)

That would change everything.
i prefer feats of strength.